Chapter 1: A Familiar Care Taker

Mikaze Ai's Point of View

It's been a few years after being created and becoming a part of Quartet Night. I really enjoyed my time spent with them, including Starish. Now I'm 18 years old. Today, was just like any other regular day. But because of my recent problems of almost losing power due to work, the professor had decided to send a care taker to aid me in this situation. So I was supposed to meet her today.

Currently, everyone is sitting or standing around in the living room, waiting for the girl to come. The entire room was in a pleasant silence, until a certain brunette had to distrupt our perfect silence. "Everyone! Our little young guest that will be coming here to visit, is my childhood friend! Shining just informed me! I'm sooo exciteddd! Right, Ran Ran, Ai Ai, Myu chan!", Reiji exclaimed. "Shut up!". "Keep quiet.". "Your so annoying.", was what me, Ranmaru Kurosaki, Camus said. They are all part of Quartet Night. "You all are so mean!", he said fake crying before heading to open the entrance door. 'I guess, she's here. Hopefully, she's not as annoying as Reiji.', I thought to myself. "Well, she's here. I hope she's not an annoying peasant like Kotobuki.", Camus said. "Agreed.", Ranmaru agreed. We heard mild shufflings and mumbles from the corridor, and then the door opened. "Rei chan, stop cuddling me!", a familiar female voice rang out. I looked up from my computer, and stared at a familiar figure that I had once seen before, after I had awakened. She pried Reiji off her, before glancing around and stopped at me. She gave a small smile, the same smile she gave when I opened my eyes for the first time when I came to the world. She took a few steps towards me and leaned forward before saying, "Mikaze san. Long time no see.". The entire room was silent for a moment, before going "ehhhh?!". And another laughter filled the room, "Muahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!". Karin just rolled her eyes at the laughter. "How long have you been there, Shining?", she asked. "Gotttttt moiiii!", Shining said as he appeared from behind the curtains. 'Seriously, how does he even do that.. *sigh *', I heard her mumbling to herself. "Introduceeeeee, yourselffffffff toooooo everyoneeeeeee.", he said standing behind her . "Good afternoon, everyone. My name is Karin Hirogane, age 17, I will be staying here until Ai has recovered. So, please look out for me along the way.", she greeted. "At least, she's not like Reiji.". "I prefer her over Kotobuki.", the two, Ranmaru and Camus said. "Buttt, how does she know Ai Ai!? And you two are so mean. Ran Ran! Myu chan!", Reiji fake cried again. Karin began giggling. "R-e-i C-h-a-n! How-did-you-come-up-with this ridiculous names?", she asked in between giggles, wiping her tears of joy from her eyes. "I totally agree with her in that statement.", Camus replied. "Rin chan, now you are so mean to me too", Reiji complained. "Okay, big brother.", she said as she pets his head. "Yayyy!!!", he exclaimed. "Oh,I'm sorry I haven't gotten the other's names yet. Other than, Rei chan and Ai.", she said apologetically. "Ittoki Otoya!". "Ichinose Tokiya.". "Kurusu Syo!". "Natsuki Shinomiya! Nice to meet you, Rin chan!". "Jinguji Ren. It's a pleasure to meet you, my little kitten~". "Hijirikawa Masato.". "Aijima Cecil! Nice to meet you, princess.". "Ranmaru Kurosaki!". "Camus.", everyone introduced themselves. "Haruka Nanami! Nice to meet you.", Haruka introduced herself. "Nice to meet you too, Haruka!", Karin said. "Little kitten, I think you still own us and explaination on how you met Ai chan?~", Ren asked. "I'm sorry, mister flirty. But could you please shut up, and don't call me that!", she spitted out in a low tone with sarcasm and venom. "Um, Ren chan. I don't think it's good to get on her bad side. She tends to turn into her kuudere mode when people started to call her that kind of name.", Reiji warned. 'Wow. I didn't expected her to have a change of personality.', I thought to myself. "Nowwwwww! Aboutttttt theeee suddennnn realizationnnnn offff howww diddd Ms Hirogane knowsssss Mr Mikaze? It'ssss simpleeee.", Shining added. "Boys! Karin chan here, happened to be Ai chan's professor's temporary assistant at that time, when Aine chan was admitted into hospital because of sudden selfharm from stress.", Tsukimiya Ringo said as he entered the living room with Hyuga Ryuya. "Ringo san...", Otoya said. "Hyuga san...", Syo and Natsuki said as well. "Kotobuki san, did mention it to us before.", Tokiya said. Finally, it was my turn to speak. "To summarize what Tsukimiya san said, is that Karin happened to be there and was asked to witness the activation, so that if I had any problems, she can come to my aid.", I summarized. "Oh..", everyone nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, like what Ai said.", Karin stated. "Ehh!! Rin chan, that's very rare of you to start calling other people without honorifics. The same thing that happened with Aine~", Reiji questioned slyly. "S-H-U-T U-P, K-O-T-O-B-U-K-I!!!", she answered. "Wahhh!!", Reiji began fake crying again at a little corner. "Uh, Rei chan. You asked us not to get on her bad side, but now it seems like you are the one.", Otoya stated sweatdropping. "B-but, Rin chan *sniff * has nevered called me by my surname before at all. *sniff *", he said while sniffing. All of us, just sighed at his childishness. We all turned back our heads towards Karin, but noticing something was off. She looked at me directly, and tilted her head to the side, but in a very cute manner. 'Wait..?! Whatttt! That word just entered my database. Nevermind.", I thought to myself. I felt my cheeks heated up for a moment but ignored it. "When did Shining san disappeared?", everyone looked at eachother cluelessly. After a moment, everyone decided to head back to thier dorms. As for Karin, she was assigned to a room next to mine. Well, it's pretty weird, since normally she would be assigned in the same room as Haruka but she was assigned beside mine. Maybe because of her being my care taker.

Author's Note

The picture that I put up there, I drew her and that's how my oc looks like.
                                             ~ Yuko Chan