Chapter 8: Nightmare

Normal Point of View

After the performance on that very day itself, signs of joy and happiness could be seen from the laughters of both Starish and Quartet Night, along with Karin and Haruka. When dinner ended, everyone decided to tell eachother, interesting stories about each of their childhood memories. Of course, Reiji and Karin had the most interesting past of all. More than Syo and Natsuki's. Karin's red and purple irises, glittered in happiness and sorrow when her story was announced to the group. Ai and Reiji had to confort her throughout the entire talk, until Reiji decided to help her conclude the story. "Hirogane san. I'm sure your parents will be proud of you, to be able to meet with such wonderful friends.", Tokiya said. "Yeah! Starish and Quartet Night will always be there for you! After all, we are a one big family.", Otoya added happily. "Thank you, Otoya. You too, Tokiya. Everyone as well.", she thanked them, as she wipped a tear from her eyes.

Later, at midnight

Karin's Point of View

Dream:
"Wait, Ai don't leave me!", I cried. "I'm sorry, Karin. Aine had awakend, now it's time that I left. All my memories, everything.", he said as he turned back to look at me, one last time. Slowly, his silhouette began to vanish into thousands of scattered angel wings.
: Back from the dream

"No!!", I immediately shotted up from my bed. Breathing heavily, I looked at the clock on my night stand. 'It's only, 3am in the morning.', I thought to myself. I took in a deep breath to calm myself. Covered in cold sweat, I decided to visit the bathroom to cleanse myself. 'knock.. Knock..', a slight tapping could be heard from my bedroom door. I gazed at myself through the mirror, and realized that I was crying. I quickly wipped away my tears with my hands and proceeded to the door. My bare food touched the cold floor, not making a sound. I unlocked my door, and creaked it open. It was Ai. "Are you okay?", he asked, taking note of my puffy eyes. I shooked my head in an attempt to lie. "I'm fine.", I reassured him. "No, your not! If you were, why are you trembling?", he reasoned taking note of his angered tone. I didn't realized that I was trembling due to the fear of that nightmares entranced. I sighed in defeat. Then, lead him in. After telling him the entire story, his cyan eyes softened at my multi-coloured ones. He hugged me, soothing me in his embrace. "Remember what I said Karin, I will never leave you, not in a million years.", he said. I nodded and hugged him back tighter than ever before, in fear of losing him.