Chapter 13: Separation

Karin's Point of View

Ai, where are you? As I ran through the entire city, Tokyo, figuring where Ai would be. I kept dialing his number, trying to call and reach him but to no avail. Ai, just where are you? Why aren't you picking up? Finally, he picked up.

Ai's Point of View

After visiting the professor, I decided to leave for a while before going back there and be separated from Karin. Karin? I wonder how is she doing now? Will she be able to accept it? I looked at my cell phone, noticing the amount of miss calls that Karin had made. I quickly picked up the call, anxiously afraid that something might have happened to her.

Normal Point of View

The Phone Call:

Karin: Hello!? Ai, are you there!?

Ai: Yes, I am. Did something happened!?

Karin: Where are you!?

Ai: At Shinjuku Gyoen.

Karin: I will meet you there, wait for me!

Ai: Okay.

: End of Phone Call.

As Karin ran back to the park where he was at. It reminded her, back to the day way he brought light back to her world. She began shedding tears as she made her way to the park.

Ai's Point of View

"A-ai!?", I heard a familiar feminine cry panted from behind me. "K-karin?!", I stuttered. Her eyes were brimming in tears, as she calmed herself down. "K-karin, what happened? Why are you crying?", I asked worriedly. "Be-because of you, you idiot! I thought you were really gone, before I even got to see you one last time!", she replied. "You went there, with Reiji?", I asked. She nodded. "The professor asked the two of us to come over to see Aine.", she said as she finally calmed down and dried her tears. I quickly brought her into my arms, hugging her tightly, not wanting to end this moment. "A-ai?!", she questioned. "I-i'm sorry, I don't wa-want this m-moment to e-end!", I finally, honestly told her how I really felt. Losing her was one of the greatest pain that I couldn't take, everytime when I remembered that smile of hers that she gave me after the confession. I don't want to let her go. I began to feel dampness surrounding my cheeks.

Karin's Point of View

"Ai?", I gazed at his form. This was one of the first time that I had ever seen him cried so hard before. Looking at him, just made me want to tear up as well. "Ai, I felt the same way as well.", I couldn't beared to let go of someone so precious in my life. His smile, I want to protect his smile, like how he protected mine when I was lost. The both of us looked at eachother, hugging eachother tightly, forheads touching eachother. With our gaze, locked onto eachother, our lips met into a deep, loving and passionate kiss.