Chapter 12: A Sudden Awakening

Karin's Point of View

"Everyone! I have a great news for all of you!", Rei chan exclaimed. It's been a day since Ai came back from the lab feeling worried. "Yes, Rei chan. Just spit it out.", I said. "Aww, don't be like that Rin chan!", Rei chan pleaded. I sighed. "Ai and i , had a rough day yesterday, so just cut to the chase.", I reasoned. "Fine. Aine had awakened!", he announced. My eyes widened and slowly turned dull as I glanced around and noticed that Ai had heard it. 'Wait, he wasn't supposed to be there!?', I thought to myself. He quickly turned around and left. "Ai, wait!", I chased after him. Was my nightmare, really coming true? "Rin chan!? Ai chan!?", Shinomiya san called out.

Ai's Point of View

Now comes the day, that I may have to leave Karin forever. I gathered my stuff as I prepared to leave, and maybe I may have to leave the agency. That's when she came in. "Karin, you..?!", I said. As she pulled me into an embrace, she stated, "Please don't leave. Don't leave me.". My eyes softened at her actions, I brought her close to me and gave her a quick peck on her head. "Everything is going to be fine.", I said as I ruffled her hair. "I promise that I will come back, as myself and not a different Ai Mikaze.", I reassured her. She nodded her head, and left my embrace, but at the same time, hesitant to let me go. But then, she left, not before giving another hug.

??? Point of View

As I awoke from an eternal slumber, I opened my sky blue eyes. Shifting and glancing around the entire room. The white walls and white ceilings were all to familiar, the only word came across my mind was the hospital. "You're finally awake, my nephew.", a familiar voice called out. "U-uncle?", I croaked. And my vision became clearer. "Can you see me Aine?", my uncle said. I nodded. "I have brought some visitors for you.", he continued. My eyes widened. "Is it Reiji and Karin?", I asked, happy about meeting my childhood friends. He nodded. "And you might be able to have a chance to start your love life.", he added. "W-what do you mean?", I said as I blushed.

And then the door opened, revealing my friends. "Rei chan, I'm going to look for Ai. Is that okay with you, Professor?", Karin asked. "He was here a while ago, but left a while later. You may want to look for him, don't worry, nothing had happened yet.", uncle said. "Then, I will go and look for him. Sorry, Aine but I am unable to stay with you for the moment.", she bowed apologetically but avoiding my eye contact and quickly left. "Reiji, what's going on?", I asked. "It's a long story. I'll tell you later, ones we settle this problem first.", he replied. Who was this Ai? What does Karin even have to do with him?