Chapter 20

Chapter 20-

Juliet's POV:

I slid on a tank top and some soft shorts and tied my long dirty blonde hair into a bun and walked over to our bed. Ethan was downstairs with his father and I was exhausted by today's events. I pulled back the covers and crawled in and turned on the tv.

I flicked off the light and surfed the channels and finally decided on Twilight. It wouldn't be my first choice but nothing else is really on. I sighed and curled right in. I turned a bit and sighed again. His bed felt so big without him in it. I moved to the middle and laid back I fell asleep slightly until I heard the bed shift.

I looked back and Ethan moved me over a bit. He wrapped an arm around my waist and buried his face into my hair.

--

I woke up before him the next morning and I unwrapped myself from his grasp. I shoved on shorts and a t-shirt and stuffed on my flip flops and walked outside.

Ethan's pack had a white husky named Zeus so I grabbed his ball and took him outside with me. He liked to run through water and swim so I took him out to the small little beach. It was closed off and reserved for our packs only. I sat in the sand and threw the ball in for him and let the water hit my feet.

The sound of the waves crashing and Zeus swimming made me feel relaxed. I felt pretty jittery lately and I couldn't relax.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" Ethan asked me a couple of minutes later.

"Just thinking." I answered simply.

"Thinking? What about?" He asked.

"I don't know actually. I was just thinking about relaxing."

"Relaxing?"

"Yea I have been feeling extremely jittery lately. Like I can't relax." I shrugged.

"It's probably the pregnancy." He murmured.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Of course it is." Zeus brought back the wet ball and I threw it out again.

"You don't like children?" He asked.

"No it's not that. I don't think I'm ready for a child."

"Why not?"

"I'm eighteen. I'm still a young child. I wouldn't be a good mother."

"Yes you would, Juliet."

"I would not." I denied scratching Zeus' ears.

"Yes you would. You look out the safety of others before yourself. I know that if you had a child...You would never want to let go of him or her."

"Yea we will see about that." I said.

"Or is it because you're having my child?" He asked.

"Trust me it's not. I would love to have beautiful babies with you. Just not right now." I said.

"Trust me. Once you see him or her...you will love them." He got up and kissed my head.

"I think Zeus needs some breakfast as do you and the baby." He said. Zeus shook out his fur and barked happily wagging his tail and followed Ethan in.

I got up and followed as well and sat at the table infront of a plate loaded with food. Ethan sat next to me chatting with other people. He laced his fingers with my free hand and I eyed him.

"Ethan." His father said walking in. Ethan turned his head to him.

"Yes sir?" He asked. His father motioned for him to come and Ethan gave my hand a squeeze before leaving. I finished my meal rather quickly and went on some little investigation skills.

I walked silently down the hallway and his behind the door.

"We heard rumours of rogues more in the area." His father said.

"Do you wish for me to scout, sir?" That was Ethan. I could always tell his voice.

"Yes. Take Tyler and another couple of scouts with you. Travel to the west I will get other groups to travel elsewhere." He ordered.

"Yes sir." Ethan and another voice said.

"We cannot allow Carver to get the jump on us." Carver? Who is Carver?

"You know how Carver works, sir." Ethan said.

"Has he tried to contact you?" Ethan's father asked. Ethan knows this Carver? Who is he?

"Yes, bu-" I felt a wave of nausea come over me and I made a gagging sound. Shit.

I turned and bolted for upstairs and dashed into our bedroom and got sick into the toilet. Well there goes my breakfast. I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth and walked into the bedroom. God I felt horrible.

I face planted onto our bed and took in Ethan's scent.

"What are you doing, Juliet?" Ethan asked.

"Wallowing in my pain." I mumbled into the blanket.

"Why are you listening in on our conversations?" He asked rubbing my back lightly.

"Because I have to make sure you aren't getting yourself hurt. Since I am not able to fight, I can't protect you."

"Yes of course; the prowess of my mate is something." He chuckled.

"Who is Carver?" I asked.

"The leader of the rogues." He is skipping out on something.

"What else is he Ethan?" I asked.

"He is also my...older brother."

------

I know it is short but I have to go back to school tomorrow so I must get ready for bed