Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Juliet's POV:

"He is also...my older brother." Ethan said. What!? The man who has tried to kill me is his brother!?

"What!? You couldn't have told me this before!?" I yelled.

"It's not something is boast about." He said.

"Ethan he has tried to kill me!"

"Juliet, do you honestly think I would let him lay a hand on you?"He asked.

"Well he already did since he let a witch cast a spell on me." His eyes went dark.

"Juliet...He. Will. Not. Lay. A. Hand. On. You."He said. I giggled a little bit on how he said it and I coughed to clear my throat.

"How did he become rogue?"I asked.

"He is about twenty-two. When he was eighteen-so I was fourteen-He found his mate. She was pretty. She was about five feet; she was pretty small. She had auburn coloured hair that was pixie cut and she wasn't as tan as us. She was nice and was never upset." The way he explained her kind of made me jealous. He was describing her as if he loved her.

"She had big bright blue eyes...well one day she was walking home from school, Carver was at a pack meeting and she was picked up by some lower scale royals and raped and beaten. They left her behind a dumpster in an alley. When Carver found her...She had lost too much blood and she died." I lightly scratched my arm. I hated death.

"So he went rogue because of it?" Rogues basically abolished all royal wolves.

"Yes. He hates royals and blames them all for it." He said. Ethan actually looked upset about it.

"What was her name?" I asked.

"Paige. She- It's nothing." He said.

"Did...Did you like her?" I asked hesitantly. He looked up and smiled.

"No. I didn't. She was my best friend. I knew her since first grade."

"Like Alistair and I." I said smiling softly. He nodded and sighed.

"I can't kill him."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Although he is a bad person he is still my brother and I still love him."

"Does your dad expect you to deliver the final blow?" I asked.

"Yes and no. He wants me to be there but I don't necessarily have to kill him."

"But it still bothers you?" I said. He sat on the edge of the bed with his head down. I knelt down infront of him and rested my arms on his thighs.

"It makes me look weak."

I laughed lightly. "You fight people, you battle vampires. Being afraid to kill a family member does not make you look weak."

"I'm an alpha. Future high ruler. I can't have any fear."

"Well you should be afraid of me." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"I am afraid of you." He smiled.

"Good. But it doesn't matter how you look to other people. Next to my dad you are the biggest, baddest alpha out there." He did a heavy sigh and I grabbed his hands.

"And whatever happens...you know I will always be here. I know you're stressed with rogues, your brother, alpha business, me and now a baby but you need to relax."

"I need a fight." He said bluntly.

"Wasn't my idea but that's a start." I shrugged. He pulled me up for me to sit on his lap and he crushed me to his chest.

"Why are you giving good advice?" He asked pressing his forehead against mine. I caressed his face lightly with my hand and smiled.

"Because you always give me good advice." I said. He pressed his lips to mine very softly. It was so light that it felt like his lips were barely there. I lightly scratched the back of his head with my nails and he pressed his lips harder and lightly scratched my back. He bit my lip softly and pursued to fight over dominance with me.

"Bro if you're going to make out you need to keep the door closed." Ethan's sixteen year old brother said. Ethan sighed and growled and I buried my head in his chest.

"Close the door. Now." He ordered I heard Ryan-His little brother- close the door and begin laughing down the hallway.

"I have to go." Ethan said turning back to me.

"So soon?" I pouted. He did a throaty chuckle and kissed me nose.

"I will be back soon." He assured. Setting me lightly on the bed.

"Alright please be safe." I said, letting go of his hand. He smiled and walked out closing the door.

---The next morning---

I woke up and Ethan was not in bed.

"He should be here." I whispered. I looked down as my stomach began to bulge out slightly. I shoved on a sweater and shorts and walked downstairs to his fathers office. I looked in and he wasn't there.

I walked over to my parents house to see if my dad knew anything. I walked around back and saw my parents and brothers discussing quietly with Ethan's parents.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh nothing honey. Don't worry." My mom said. She was lying.

"Where is Ethan? Shouldn't he be back by now?" I asked curiously.

"Yes...We are about to go look for his group." his father said.

"Why? What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"We don't know, sweetheart and we will find out. Don't worry." My mom said grabbing my hand and leading me inside. She sat me on the couch and cooked me some breakfast. I couldn't even move. Zeus came in and rested his head on my knee and stared at me worriedly.

"I don't know where he is either, Zeus." I whispered.

Ethan's POV:

My scouting pack was picked off by Carver he came for us because he knew I wouldn't kill him. Some of my members died. Tyler and I limped around I was badly hurt. I couldn't feel my ribs or my left leg. I had multiple cuts and I was bleeding out.

"Ethan..." Tyler said breathlessly. He was hurt too and I carried him with me. I had no clue where we were. We were just scouting when we were ambushed and separated. Luckily Tyler and I had stuck together.

"We are going to...make it...Hang on." I said with barely any air.

I hit a root sticking out if the ground and we fell. I had no energy left and I passed out.

I heard people calling my name and I felt myself being lifted and carried.

"Hold on, son. We will get you help." I heard my father say before I passed out again.

Juliet's POV:

I stayed at my parents house and Zeus slept in my bed.

"Oh my Gods!" I heard Ethan's mom yell. I shot up out of bed and ran downstairs and gasped. Ethan was badly injured. His cuts were infected and bleeding, He had broken bones and he was barely bleeding.

"Ethan..."I whispered. People turned to me and guided me away.

"He will be fine." His mother said. I watched as they carried him to the infirmary.

I felt light headed and my legs buckled and I fell to the ground. People crowded around me and I blinked a couple of times.

"Juliet?" My mom asked worriedly. I sat up and people helped me up and guided me to a seat where my mom watched me intently along with my brothers. Joey sat next to me and he rubbed my back.

I turned to him and hugged him as I a cried. He hugged me back.

"Everything will be alright, Jules." He whispered.