Chapter 2

Chapter 2
"Penelope!! Hurry up!!" "I'm coming!" We ran down the busy hallway to the band room on the other side of the school. We finally managed to get in and as we were getting our clarinet cases down, we heard Mrs.Stevenson announce: "Once you get your things ready, go outside. We're marching today." "Yes!" Karen said as she put together her clarinet. "Why do you like marching so much?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." "I know why..." "Shut up! You know that's not why." "Mhmmm." She rolled her eyes, laughing and put together her clarinet.
******
"Alright. Bye see you later!!" "Bye!!" She yelled running off towards her car. I stepped onto the bus and stayed in the front since I get off 3rd. "Hey Penelope!!!" I got up and turned around. "What?" "Think fast!" They threw a ball at me but it was caught before it could hit me. I looked up to see Harry with the ball in his hands. "Guys, don't hit her. She's defenseless." The others laughed and shrugged. As the bus neared my home, I got up, and grabbed my backpack. "Have a nice afternoon!" Gerald called with a smile. "You too!" I ran inside and laid my bag on the counter. "Belle!!" My German Shepherd came running down the stairs and stopped at my feet. "Where's mum?" She didn't go anywhere. Okay, so that means she's at work. "Dad?" Nothing. Both at work. Of course. "C'mon girl. Let's go upstairs." She ran up ahead of me while I grabbed my laptop. I went upstairs to my bedroom to see her already on the bed chewing her tennis ball. I sat on my bed and turned on my laptop. I pulled up my Facebook: more rude comments. I shook my head and went on tumblr where nobody knew it was me. I had 102 followers and was quite pleased. I heard a knock on the door downstairs and looked out my window. Austin, Brandon, Harry, Justice, Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn, all standing outside. I sighed and walked downstairs. "C'mon Belle." I held her by the collar as the door opened, making her bark at the unfamiliar faces. "Woah, hold back your dog." "She just doesn't like you. What do you want?" I snapped. "Help." "On what?" "Math." "That homework? That was easy!" "Yeah for you, but we don't read encyclopedias for fun." "Just leave. I'm not helping you." "And why not?" Zayn asked, towering over me. "Because you bully me!! Besides, you need to know how to do it yourselves." "We're not leaving until you help us." "Sick em girl." She growled, pouncing forward and chasing them back to their cars. They all looked afraid as she circled their cars. "Fuß!!" She stopped circling them. "Komm!!"she ran back towards me and stood at my side. I shut the door and locked it, just wanting that day to be over with. As I went upstairs, I heard my mum come in so I retreated back down, thinking she'd want to hear about my first day. "So how was your day?" She asked distracted. "Horrible." "Well that's nice." I rolled my eyes. "Mom? I'm going over to Karen's." "Do you have any homework?" "No." "Alright then." "Komm!!" Belle was at my side again as I took off down the road. As I came to the last house on the street, I noticed another car there. Jimmie's. As I approached the door, I heard her dog barking softly. The door soon opened and there they stood. "Hey! Come on in!" "Hey. I didn't know you were coming over today." "Oh yeah. We were assigned partners in History." "Why do we need partners?" "That big project coming up? Remember?" I thought back to today. "Oh yeah! You guys are lucky. The rest of our class are idiots." "Yeah, good luck with your partner." "Wait, how'd you two know you were partners?" "It was posted on the front office like she said." "Oh, I must've zoned out while she was saying that bit. I'll go check in the morning." They nodded. I watched as Belle ran over to her best friend, Buddy. They started chasing each other around although poor Buddy couldn't keep up because of his short legs. "So how's your guys' progress so far?" "Horrible. We can't figure out what to do." "Want me to help?" "No it's fin-" "Please!!" "Alright." I said laughing.
***
As I entered the school the next morning, I saw everyone crowding the office to see who their partner was. I finally made it up to the paper and scammed for my name. 'Penelope Bryant--Harry Styles' "Seriously?" "Seriously." He said laughing right behind me. "I guess you're gonna have to help me after all." "You know what? I'll just do it by myself. It's not like you're gonna help anyway." "Actually, I was planning on us splitting it 50-50." "Fine, but no goofing off." "I promise. How about we meet at your place after school?" "Alright. That's fine with me." "I drove today so you can just ride with me." "I'd rather ride the bus." "Am I really THAT bad?" "Yes you are." I said before scurrying off to first period. 'Why does HE have to be my partner?'