Chapter 13

Chapter 13
"What? He does?" "Yeah, he told us a few minutes ago. The doctor asked which of them was the boyfriend and when Jimmie stepped forward, he's like 'Really? I would've guessed him.' Then pointed to Louis. After Jimmie left to come back here, Louis said it was awkward and Zayn said, 'You know you didn't mind it.' So then I asked him and he said yeah." "Wow. Awkward. So Thomas (Jimmie's nickname) doesn't know?" "Nope." She shrugged. "Oh well. So you and Harry having fun?" "Yeah actually...his little sister loves me pretty much...so does his mum." "That's good. How old is she?" "Abby? She's six." "Awh! So what all have you done so far?" "Talked, a lot...watched a movie-" "Which one?" "The Conjuring. Abby watched it with us as well." "Did she get scared?" "Yeah, but Harry was really sweet and kept her close to him." She smiled. "He's a good big brother then huh?" "He's a good everything...he said he loved me." "Awh!! Did you say it back?" I nodded. "Awh! You two are so cute!" "Thanks I-" There was a knock on the door. "Come in." The door opened and Louis walked in. "Can I talk to her for a bit?" "Yeah of course. Bye K!" "Bye P." She was smiling. I take it she still likes him. I walked back into the waiting room and sat by Harry. "How is she?" "She's fine but her head hurts." "So what do you think?" He whispered. "About-??" "Her liking Louis." "Oh, I think she does, but I don't wanna break them up." "True...ah well." I laid my head on his shoulder. "Babe, are you sleepy?" I nodded. "Go to sleep. I'll wake you if anything happens." "I'm fine." "Babe it's fine. Go to sleep." He said kissing my head. "Nite." "Nite love."
-Harry's POV-
"Hey Jimmie?" "Yeah?" He said in his tenor voice. "What do you think about those two?" "Who?" "You know who I mean. Louis and K." "Oh I dunno...I know she used to like him...I don't know if she does now." "What if she does?" "I don't know...I guess-I don't know...we've been friends forever so I don't think anything would change if we broke up...maybe...I don't know but I don't wanna break up just because HE comes along." "I get what your saying...I'm glad we're doing alright...I can't imagine my life without her." He smiled. "Yeah I'm glad she found someone good for her. She's had some bad guys in the past." "Really? Who?!" "I'd tell you, but she told me not to tell anyone about what happened...you could ask her though." "I didn't even know she had any exes." "Yeah. 5 I think. Karen hasn't had any though." "Oh really? So you're her first?" "Yeah...I suppose so." He said smiling. I held her hand and look down at her. She was sleeping peacefully. "I'm going to go back to her room." "Alright man." I scooted back in my chair and played with her hand. Louis soon walked in and sat on the opposite side of Penelope. "Hey." "Oh hey man. Have fun?" I asked smirking. "Oh shut up." "How much do you even like her?" "On a scale of 1-10, about a 9 1/2." My eyes widened. "Really? Wow." He nodded. "Yeah...I've liked her for a while but I think she's set on gay wad." "Hey, he's not gay! He just has a high voice." "Wow, sorry! I didn't know you were so close to him all of a sudden." "He's her friend so he's mine as well. Besides he's a nice guy." "Yeah...I guess..." Penelope moved around beside me and cuddled into my side, her hand on my chest. I leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. She smiled lightly and squeezed my shirt. I traced 'Styles' that was written across the back of my jacket she was wearing. The door opened and Jimmie walked over. "You can go see her." I nodded and carefully got up. "Sit with her, yeah? She was really comfortable." "Alright." He sat in my spot and she scooted closer, realizing someone had sat down. I smiled and walked out down the hallway until I found her room. I walked in and saw her sitting up, her head resting on the pillow. She looked kinda upset. "Hey K. You alright?" "Um, not really. It's nothing you should worry about." "Oh come on. Something is obviously wrong and we're friends now. Talk to me." "Well, it's Jimmie...and Louis." I nodded. "I like them both. I mean, I've known Jimmie for 6 years and he's been my best friend since then, but I'm really attracted to Louis...he's just so attractive and he seems so nice." "Eh he's sorta nice." "What do ya mean?" "He called Jimmie a gay wad for starters." "What? He's not gay!!" "I know. I told him too." "Thanks...people have always called him gay, and even people in younger grades...he's been called many things." I nodded. "So, what's this I hear about Pen's past boyfriends?" "Oh I can't say. You'll have to ask her. Sorry. I'm sure she'll tell you though. I think so anyway. Good luck."
**
I carried her upstairs and laid her in my bed. Right as I was about to shut the door, her soft voice spoke up. "Harry? Babe?" "Yes love?" "C'mere." I walked over to the bed and sat on the side. "Yeah?" "Stay." "Are you sure?" She nodded. "Yeah. Please." "Of course babe." I laid beside her and she instinctively cuddled closer into my side. "Babe, I've got a question." "Yeah?" "What happened with your past boyfriends?" She squirmed and laid her head on my shoulder. "Well, Peyton, my first, he just used me for my brain...Alex cheated on me, twice. Parker never wanted to leave my side, and uh- the last two, well, L-Logan abused me...a lot." I pulled her closer as I realized it was a hard topic for her. "It's okay babe, take your time." She sniffed and cleared her throat. "Then the last one, Avery, he tried to um-he tried to rape m-me." "Oh my god...I'm so sorry." "It's okay." She sniffled and kissed me on the lips. "Know I'd never hurt you like that." She nodded. "I know." She smiled and hugged me. "I love you babe." "I love you too Haz."