Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Harry pulled into his driveway and we jumped out. "C'mon babe." He pulled me upstairs to what I assumed was his bedroom. "I'm sorry about my mum. I don't know what's wrong with them these days." "It's okay love. I understand completely." He sat down and motioned me over. I sat down beside him and he hugged me. He smiled as he took my glasses off. "You like em?" "Not really. I wish I didn't need them." He nodded and looked closely at my lenses. He placed them back on me and kissed my nose. "You look good with them though." "Oh thanks." I said blushing and looking at my lap. He grabbed my hand and stared at me for a second. "What?" "You look really pretty." "Thanks. Again." "You're welcome. I meant it." I smiled. "Harry!!! You're friends are here!!!" He sighed and stood up. "I'll get rid of him. I forgot they were coming over." "Alright babe." He smiled and stepped out. I heard him downstairs and heard some delighted cheers from his friends. "Oh hey guys. Yeah, I'm not feeling so great today so I can't hang out..." "Oh c'mon!" "Yeah, Harry! You can't be that sick!" "Well, I am, so I'm just gonna go back upstairs." "Oh c'mon Haz, whatcha hiding man?" "Yeah, you hiding something up there?" They asked laughing. "C'mon lads! He's not sick. He's faking!" I heard them running upstairs and froze. I didn't know what to do. The door soon opened, but only Harry came in. "Babe, we're gonna have to tell them. Now." "O-Okay..." I said gulping. "Oh it's okay. C'mere." I walked over to him and he put his arms around my waist. He opened the door back up and stepped out. "So you guys wanted to know what I was hiding? Well..." He pulled me out with him into the hallway. "What?" "But I thought-" "But-" "Guys, I like her for real alright? I didn't want you to send her those messages." He said, glaring at Louis. I guess he sent them. "If you guys say another bad word to her, I'll break your neck." "We swear it." "Yeah, we promise." "Definitely." "Of course." "Good, and for now, don't tell anyone. Got it?" They all nodded. "We're sorry." "It's okay." I said, speaking for the first time. They all smiled and genuinely looked happy; which I had never saw from any of them. Harry pulled me to his side. I looked up to see his green orbs already staring down at me. They cleared their throats. "So um, no hanging out today. That's fine-" "I don't care. You guys can stay." I looked up at Harry. He stared at me in slight disbelief but nodded. "Are you sure? We'll probaly just be boring to you." "I doubt that lads." Harry said smiling. "Alright...oh! I know...Harry c'mere." I stood to the side while he walked over to Niall who whispered something in his ear. He walked back to me and held me by my shoulders. "Okay, you don't have to if you don't want to, but how about Zayn here takes you for a ride on his motorcycle?" I swallowed. "A-Alright." Zayn smiled. "Okay, let's go." We all walked outside to the driveway where their vehicles were parked. "Harry, will you hold these?" "Yeah, of course." I took off my glasses and gave them to him so they wouldn't fall off. Zayn mounted the motorcycle and patted the seat. "C'mon Pen." I climbed on cautiously. "Hang on." I wrapped my arms around his stomach and pulled myself closer to him. "Good luck babe!" Harry called, a smirk in his voice. I waved as Zayn drove off down the road. "I can tell you're still uncomfortable." He yelled over the roar of the engine. "Yeah, kinda." "Don't worry. We won't hurt you. The only reason we did in the first place was to fit in. We didn't really like doing it. We just did what the others were doing. At least we didn't throw things like Austin and Justice." I nodded and put my forehead on his shoulder. "You okay?" "I'm fine...just scared." "Oh don't worry, I'm a pretty good driver." "Oh, it's not you. I trust you. I just got in a fight with my mum..." "Oh....what happened?" "She talked bad about Harry while he was sitting right in front of her. After a while we just left..." "Oh, well, I hope everything goes alright." "Thanks Zayn." He rode around in circles for a while before heading back. As we pulled into the driveway, the front door opened again and Harry (along with the boys) walked out. I hopped off and ran over to him, wanting to be able to see again. "Where's my-" "They're right here. Don't worry." I smiled and took my glasses from him, slipping them on. Now that everything was clear, I could see all of the boys shared smirks on their faces. "What?" Harry looked around and they all picked me up over them. "What are you doing?!" "You'll see!" They carried me upstairs and sat me on Harry's bed. "We're gonna protect you alright? If you ever get picked on, hit, or even the slightest nudge, we'll be there. All of us." Harry said looking around at his older friends. "Thanks guys. It means a lot." "No problem. You're like our little sister now. Well, except for Harry here." He smiled shyly and held my hand. "We'll be right down guys. You go ahead." "Alright." As they left the room, Harry hugged me tight. "Babe, you alright? You're face is really pale..." "Just worried about what my mum will say or do when I get home..." "You could stay here tonight." "Thanks but that'd just make it worse." "Alright. Whatever you say. If they start yelling, you can come straight here alright?" I nodded. "Thanks babe." "You're welcome." He placed his lips on mine gently, making me smile. "Alright. Let's get downstairs." He said smiling, pulling me down the steps.