Chapter 4

Chapter 4
"Hey." "Oh hey K." I said, shutting my locker door. "So, how's your project coming with sir jerks a lot?" "He's actually nice...we're friends kinda..." "But I thought-" "He's never said one bad word to me." She thought for a moment. "I guess you're right." As she said that, Jimmie walked up. "So, how's your two's project coming?" "Great actually." "Yeah, we're almost finished. We just need 5 more words." "Yeah, we're gonna finish up tomorrow so we may not be able to hang out until later." "Alright that's fine. Me and Harry are almost done, so I guess I'll hang with Belle." She nodded. "Well, I'll see you in biology." "Alright. Bye." I walked into class and saw we had a small quiz to see what we knew. 'Alright. Simple enough.' I thought as she passed out the papers. There were 10 questions, two being extended responses. I glanced at the clock. 8:30. I started writing down the answers.
As I wrote down the last word of my extended response, I looked at the clock again. 8:35. I shrugged and stood up. I turned in the paper and realized I had nothing to do. I walked up to her desk and cleared my throat. She looked up at me with a smile. "Are we allowed to listen to music on our phones?" "Yes I suppose. You're a good student after all." I smiled and took out my phone. I started listening to Eminem's 'Stan.' Yeah, you probaly didn't think I'd be one to listen to rap, but I love it. As I was listening, I got a text from an unknown number. I pulled it up in my texting app. 'Hey :) -H' 'Harry??' 'You know it! Is that quiz easy?' 'Very. I finished it in 5 minutes!' 'Well, that's because you're a genius. lol' 'Am not!!' 'Seriously?? You got a perfect score on the state test!!' 'So?' 'Your a genius!' 'You're*' 'See?? Lol So, wanna hang out today?' 'Sure. What do ya wanna do?' 'Movie?' 'Sure. :)' 'Great.' 'What time?' 'How about you just tell your parents you're going out tonight and you come home with me after school?' 'Okay. :)' I smiled and started listening to my music again. "Students!! You are dismissed. I'll have this graded tomorrow!" I gathered my things and headed to biology. As I walked in, at my regular table, Karen, Jimmie and Harry were sat. They scooted away from him like they still didn't trust him. I sat beside him and got out my pencil, ready to take notes. He leaned over and whispered, "Why are they doing that?" "They still think you're like them." He nodded and leaned back over. "Guys, he's not gonna bite ya. Scoot over." Jimmie was the first to scoot over. Karen finally followed and shot Harry glares. "I'm surprised you risked having your phone out P." "I didn't. I asked her if I could have it out to listen to music." He opened his mouth to speak again, but Mr. Dunn walked in. "Hmm, Styles! Front and center." He got up and made it to the front of the class. "Can you work a flamethrower?" "Yeah, I guess." He nodded his head approvingly and handed a can to him. "You might wanna put these on." He said throwing him some goggles. He slipped them on and looked to the teacher again for instruction. "When I say now, turn it on." He nodded as Mr.Dunn grabbed some more supplies. He held up a nail. "Now." Harry turned it on hesitantly, watching as the nail started to bend. "Thank you. I needed that bent." "Is that it?" "Yeah. You can go back to your seat." Harry rolled his eyes and came back over to us. "Turn in your books to chapter 3. Motion!" We groaned but did as we were told. "Now, once we finish this chapter you and a partner will be making a rather large rocket. So get ready." "Yes!"
*
"Hey, you ready?" "Yeah. I just need to grab my jacket from my locker." "Alright. Meet me in the parking lot." "Alright." I smiled and went back to my locker. "You like him don't you?!" Karen asked jumping up and down beside me. "Yeah...but don't tell anyone or everyone will know who you like." "You like someone?" Jimmie asked her, his head tilted slightly. "Uh, yeah..." "Who?" "It's not a big deal." "C'mon! Tell me! It's the first person you've ever liked!" "No...no." "Why not? Don't ya trust me?!" He whined. "Yes...I'll tell you later." My eyes went wide and I made eye contact with her. "Thank you!" He groaned before running off. "Coming to practice today?" "Oh! I completely forgot! I already told Harry I'd hang out with him!" "Then don't go to practice." "Wait, you just told Jimmie you'd tell him later. Why would you do that?! Are you stupid?" "Yes. I guess I'll make up someone." She shrugged. "Good luck. I gotta go bye!" "Bye!" I walked out the front door, into the large parking lot. I saw Harry talking with some friends so I just bypassed them. He looked up and made eye contact with me. He motioned for me to come over and I did hesitantly. They laughed as I walked over. "Ready?" I nodded and looked at the larger boys surrounding me. "Well, I'll see you guys later." They snickered as he shut the driver's side door. "Where were you going?" "I didn't want to mess with your popularity or anything." I shrugged. "Love, you never have to worry about that. I'd rather just hang out with you anyway. You're not fake." I smiled and fixed my glasses.
*
"So what movie are we seeing anyway?" "Nightmare on Elm Street." I nodded and got out money for my ticket. "I've got it." "You sure?" "Positive." "Thanks." "You're welcome." He said smiling. I put my money away. "So, why were they laughing today?" "What are you talking about?" "Whenever I walked over, they were all snickering and everything." "Oh, I don't know. I guess they still don't like you for some reason." I nodded and found us some seats in the middle. As the movie started up, it wasn't that scary. Then, it was like they flipped a 'scary switch.' I screamed a little, making him put his hand on my arm. "You okay?" I nodded slowly. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine." He smirked and kept his hand on my knee. I kept jumping, and he ended up just grabbing my hand. That surprisingly calmed me quite a bit. "You okay still?" I nodded. "Yeah, thanks." "You're welcome love." He pulled me a little closer as we paid attention to the movie once again. This friendship might work out just fine...:)