Chapter 12

Chapter 12
"W-What?" "Yeah....I'm sorry to mess this up..." I shook my head and squeezed him tight. "I love you too babe." He sighed contently and kissed my head. "You getting hungry?" I shook my head no. "Sure?" "Yeah I'm fine." "Alright...I'm going to take A to bed." "Alright babe." He let go of me and lifted Abby into his arms carefully. I watched the loving brother he is as he carried her upstairs. I smiled as his mum walked in. "Hello." "Hi Mrs.Styles." "Please call me Anne." "Oh alright." She smiled and sat beside me. "I'd just like you to know that his grades have improved a lot since you've been together." I smiled. "Really?" "Yeah, he's wanting to be smarter for you...he really likes you. You're the best thing that's happened to him since Abby was born." I smiled. "Yeah...I love him." She smiled. "He loves you too. You're both so sweet and perfect for each other. I'm glad he got somebody good." I smiled wider as he walked in. He sat beside me and smiled at his mum. "What are you two planning on doing tonight and tomorrow?" He looked at me. "I don't know...I guess just whatever we want." She smiled and stood up. His hand grabbed mine and I leaned over on him. "You're a good brother..." "Thanks love." "Babe, I learned something today from Abby." "And what was that?" "That you talk about me a lot." He blushed. "Oh-yeah...that's true..." He said looking down. "That's sweet." He smiled and pulled me into his lap. "I've got a question." "Yeah babe?" I asked, playing with his curls. "Well-no never mind." "C'mon tell me. I won't laugh or anything." He sighed and looked away from my eyes. "Do you really love me?" I nodded. "Of course babe. I love you." He smiled and squeezed me. "I love you too." He kissed me sweetly and held me close. "Let's go for a walk yeah?" I nodded and got off of him so I could slip on my TOMS. I grabbed his hand as we walked out then door. "Why is it so bloody cold in September?" I said agitated. He smirked and slipped his jacket off and placed it around me. "Thanks Haz." "You're welcome babe." I linked our arms and laid my head on his shoulder as we walked. "Hazza?" "Yeah babe?" "Why do you want to be smarter for me?" "How'd you know?" He asked shocked, looking at me. "Your mum. So???" "I was thinking that if we ever did go out, you wouldn't want to be around someone stupid." "Harry! That's not true!" I said hugging him. "You're very intelligent." "Exactly. I've been trying for a while." "Awh, how long?" "Um...since April." "What? Since before school let out?!" "Yeah, that's how I got into AP biology with you." "Babe, you were smart before then. You know that right?" "That's not what the teachers said..." "Well, that's what I'm saying! You've always been smart." He shrugged. "You didn't need to do that. I would've went out with you either way." "I was afraid you wouldn't though..." I stopped us and stood in front of him so he'd look me in the eyes. "I just realized something. You've been trying for 5 months... you've liked me that long?" "Longer...I didn't really think about trying to get smarter until then." I smiled and kissed him. "You're perfect. Okay?" He smiled slightly and nodded. We continued to walk down the street. "Babe, why'd you choose me?" "What do you mean love?" "You could've had any girl in our school, but you chose me; the nerd, band geek, who is always reading." "But I wanted you. I love you for you. You're beautiful, smart, and very talented. Not to mention you're the sweetest person on this planet." I blushed and mumbled a 'thanks.' He laughed lightly. "I also think it's adorable when you blush at compliments like that." "Thanks Boo." "Hey!! Harry!! Pen!!" We turned around to see the boys running up to us. "Hey. What's wrong?" "It's Karen. She's in the hospital." "What happened?!" "She was in a wreck." "C'mon Harry!" I called, pulling him to the boys' parked cars down the street. We hopped into Liam's and rode in silence for a bit. "What if she's really hurt?" "She'll be okay." "But she's my best friend!" "I know babe...it's okay." He placed a kiss on my head and pulled me closer.
***
We ran into the waiting room to see Jimmie. I ran over to them, Harry following close behind. "What happened?" "She was in a wreck because of a drunk driver." I sighed. "What have the doctors said?" "Nothing yet." We sat in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes. "Family for Karen Bane?" We all ran up. "Are you her family?" "Um no we're her close friends and her boyfriend." "We need her parents." "But they're at work!" He sighed. "Fine. Who's the boyfriend?" Jimmie stepped forward. "Really? I would've guessed him." He said, pointing to Louis. Louis laughed, Jimmie staying silent. "Ok...anyway, she'll be okay, but she's pretty hurt. Nothing critical of course." "What's wrong with her?" "She hit her head pretty hard and has a seatbelt burn on her arm and chest." "Can we go see her?" "One at a time." "Jimmie you can go." He nodded and followed the doctor to her room. "That was awkward." "What?" "The boyfriend thing." "Oh yeah...You know you didn't mind." Zayn said smirking. "Shut up Malik!" "Wait, you like her?" Louis nodded. "Awh! She used to like you." "Does she still?" "I don't know...she hadn't said." He nodded and started talking to Liam, Niall and Zayn. "At least she's okay." Harry said, giving a sad smile. "Yeah..." He pulled me into a hug. The door soon opened and Jimmie stepped in. "You can go now." I nodded and walked down the hallway, looking for her room. I walked in and realized she was awake. "Hey. You doing okay?" She nodded. "My head hurts...so does this stupid burn." "I bet it does...I know what'll make you feel better." "What?" "Louis likes you."