Chapter 5

Chapter 5
*Friday*
I got on the bus and sat in the 4th seat. As I sat down, I heard someone plop down behind me. I turned my head slightly to see Harry sitting in the seat. "Hey!" "Hey..." "What's wrong?" "Nothing." "What?" I turned sideways, so it didn't look like we were talking, for his sake. "It's nothing." "Is it them?" He asked, motioning toward his 'friends.' I shook my head. "Yes it is. Next time they do something, I'll tell them to stop." "It's fine." "No it's not. We're friends now, and they don't hurt my friend. They won't." I nodded and hung my head. "Hey nerd!!!" They started throwing paper at me, making it land in my hair. "Guys stop it." "Why do you care?" Harry shot them a glare and they stopped. "Thanks." "You're welcome love." I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them. "Tired?" "Yeah..." "At least it's Friday." "Yeah, I suppose." I mumbled. "I've got a serious question..." "Yeah?" "Would you go out with me?" "Seriously?" "Yeah..." "Yeah...I would." He smiled. "Will you?" "I'd love to but-" "But what??" "I don't want to mess with your image and everything." "Love I've already told you, you don't need to worry about that. It's not like I care." I shrugged. "So??" "Yes." He smiled wider. "C'mere." I shook my head. "Love, you have nothing to worry about." "I'm just afraid they'll make fun of you. I know what it feels like and it's not fun." "I don't care." "I will on the way home." "Why not now?" "We're here." I stood up and grabbed my backpack. I walked out of the bus ahead of him but waited. "I'll see you in biology." "Alright babe." He said smiling. I ran off waving as I went to my locker. Karen ran over and opened her locker which was right beside mine. "Oh, I've got big news to tell you!!" I squealed. "I do too!!" "You first!" "I'm going out with Jimmie!!" "You are?!?" "Yeah, I didn't want to lie to him so I told him and then he said he liked me and yeah...so your news??" "Me and Harry are going out!!" "That's great!" We started jumping up and down, earning weird stares from others. "So where is he?" I asked looking around. "You know, I don't know. I sat with him on the bus and after that, I never saw him." "Hmm...I guess we'll see him in band." "Yeah...gotta go!" "Alright. Bye!"
***
I ran to the bus, being late from my last class, history. Harry had been late as well, running behind me. I sat down towards the back and he did as well, sitting a seat in front of me. "Hey nerd!!" They yelled throwing papers at me. Then the names came. "Ugly!!" "Nerd!" "Goodie two shoes!!" "Scrawny!!" I looked down, actually hurt by the names this time. Harry didn't say a word, or do anything really. As it pulled onto my street, I got up and walked towards the front. As it came to a halt, I waved to Harry. I stepped off and walked to the porch. As soon as the bus pulled off, he was out of his seat and running around. 'Maybe they needed him or something.' I thought unlocking my door. I stepped in and collapsed on the couch. Belle immediately ran up and laid beside me, her head in my lap. My phone buzzed and I unlocked it to see a text from Harry. 'I'm breaking up with you.' 'Why?!' 'I only went out with you because of a bet.' Ouch. That hurt. Bad. 'You're a heartless douchebag!!' He never responded and I just sat there, crying my eyes out. I can't believe I actually thought he changed. I ran down the street to Karen's house and saw Jimmie's car again. I ran inside to see them talking on the couch. "What's wrong?" "Yeah, Penelope, why are you crying?" I pointed at Karen and motioned her over. "H-he broke up w-with me. H-He only w-went out with m-me because he lost a b-bet." "Oh my gosh!! I'll kill him alright? And JIMMIE will help me. Isn't that right?" "Yeah of course...what happened?" She turned around and told him quietly. They both turned around and pulled me into a huge hug. "Thanks guys." "You're welcome." "Yeah, I'm going to kill him Monday alright? Nobody hurts my best friend." I laughed lightly and hugged them tighter. "I say we go get ice cream." "I agree!" "Uh guys?" "You can um, I don't know. Sorry Jimmie!" "It's fine." You see, he's diabetic. He has been forever and had to carry around insulin pens and everything.
**
As I entered my home, I heard my mum on the phone in the kitchen. I slumped upstairs to my room and laid in bed. How could he do this?? I actually trusted him!! He was so sweet, and caring...NO. He's cold and heartless.