Chapter 30 : Her Smiley

A/n: omg The big 30!!! Bad news is, there's at least 10 more chapters to go 😭 I don't think I'm ready to let this book go

Hope you enjoy this!!

This chapter is dedicated to my mother because she deserves nothing but happiness in her world. Even though she's gone through so much, she stand strong for her family and daughters❤️

Izzy sat in her room alone in the dark. Since that day at the bank, her father didn't utter a word to her.

Harley would be kind to him, and follow him around like a lost puppy. He wanted that reaction, but Izzy isn't going to do the same.

Izzy would never understand why her mother would go back to being happy even after everything that happened. It's like nothing happened at all.

Even though her father hasn't said anything, he ordered his goons now and then to lock Izzy in her room. The first time this happened, Izzy put up a fight and knocked two of them out, but her mother begged her to listen.

She sighed deeply and wished that she was back in Dick's arms.

There was a knock on the door. That lets her know that it wasn't Joker or the goons, but her mother.

"Honey, breakfast is ready!" A cheery Harley came in with a big smile on her face.

Izzy nodded at her and sat up, and off the bed. Harley placed a hand on her cheek and ran her thumb on it. Izzy leaned in into her touch a hummed quietly.

".. The bruises are clearing nicely.." Harley said softly(?) smiling.

Izzy nodded slightly before Harley nods and turn to leave the room. Upon turning away, the bruises on the back of her arms and back became visible.

"... Yours aren't mama.." Izzy said sadly, blinking away the tears in her eyes.

~

Izzy sat at the table quietly, playing with the food in front of her.

Harley noticed this and knelt down at her level.

"Baby, I know that you and your father aren't at good terms now. But please, just try to be my darling smiley girl. I love you better that way, that's who you are." She said holding her hand

"He hurt you mama. It would take alot more then fear to get me to forgive him." She said

"I know, just please. For me? Just for this moment?" Harley begged

Normally, Harley would give Izzy her food in her room because of the tension between them and the absence of the Joker now and then. This is the first in a while, Izzy is able to eat with her.

"Okay, for you." Izzy smiled before taking a bite of bread

"That's my girl. Remind me to thank Boy wonder for making you happy. Because of him, you are slowly healing.." Harley said

Izzy started to choke on her food at the mention of her boyfriend. She grabs a cup of water and drink from it, and it turns into coughing.

Harley smiles and laugh at her daughter reaction, which warms her heart. Upon hearing her mom laugh, she laughs along with her.

The door opens, that made both girls silent.

   "So, my darling girls. What did I    miss?" Joker said laughing