Chapter 40: Gone Too Soon (FINAL)

A/n: the very last chapter of A Blood Drop Of Madness. Thank you all for reading, this means so much to me. This book came so far, and it left me speechless.

*LONG CHAPTER

"Ahhh!!" Izzy shouted putting her hands over and around her neck

"What's going on?!? Izzy?!" Dick said putting a hand on her cheek.

"My ne-"

"Your what?!"

"My neck!! It's hurts! Dick it hurts!!" Izzy cried

Dick reached to the back of her neck, where the collar was attached and was immediately shocked. He hissed and took his hand back. He took a second before completing taking the collar off her neck.

"You okay Izzy?!?" Dick asked his hands on her shoulder.

She places her hands on her neck and looks away from him to the collar on the ground.

The collar electricity was so powerful, that you can see the harsh blue sparks forming on the inside of the collar.

"Izzy, hey." Dick puts a hand on her cheek to try to get her attention.
She looks away from the collar and back on him.

"My mother... Harley gave me that.." Izzy said shocked.

Dick hugged her and she stayed, speechless. They stayed silent until the sounds of the sparks coming from the collar died down.

Izzy stepped away from Dick, grabbed her bat, bend down and grabbed the collar off the floor. Without those, she left the room, on her way to the front entrance.

Her first sight was Batman and Harley.

"Is that the best your got B-Man!?!"

Izzy rolled her eyes and walked towards her avoiding Batman.

"I ain't here for you batty, I'm here for my mother." Izzy said holding up a hand to stop him from fighting or even talking

"Explain this." Izzy said holding the collar in her hand

"I-it's the collar! The collar I gave you that looks beautiful on you.."

"You're not telling me the whole truth. I want the whole truth mom!"

"Honey I-"

A loud BOOM came about in back and a crash happened. Izzy and Harley covered themselves with their hands while Batman and Robin covered themselves with their capes.

Just then a gas fog appeared.

"That's our cue! Let's go!" Harley said holding on to Izzy's hand after they put on the gas masks. Harley may have held Izzy's hand but Izzy didn't hold hers.

~

Izzy sat on the couch back at the their place.

Joker with the collar in both of his hands and Harley in the far corner, watching her lover and daughter.

"This activated..are you loyal with us..?" Joker said slowly.

"Why did that thing shocked me..?" Izzy said bitterness in her voice

Joker bursts out laughing before motioning Harley to move over to him.