chapter 1

Having been in my house for a number of years, I know when something new happens in the neighbourhood. My name is Peaches Emery, I am 16 and attending high school. I'm not the perfect visual delight but I'm happy, could loose a few pounds here and there but I'm okay. My beat asset is my wild hair, even though it is a crazy mess, I'm pretty proud of how thick it is. Other people would say my clear bluesy indigo eyes were the most noticeable but I'd just swish my hair and strut off. Yeah, that was also a flaw I had, I was very bipolar. one second I would be fine but at the slightest trigger, I would be enraged. Luckily, my few friends were used to it and kinda knew how to calm me down.

The day the large black Cadillac pulled into the house across from mine, which was was clearly visible from the back window, it was about 5oclock. I wasn't around when the new residents got out the car but my mum told me the best description she could. She said that there were two teenage boys and a huge grown man who was about 7ft5. I could believe my mum on the two boys but I had to see this man for myself. I plucked up the courage to go say hi to the dudes across the road. But being the person I was, I got changed into some decent clothing and pulled my hair about a bit. I Decided that I looked presentable and headed out. Once on the drive way of the house, I felt my stomach churn in an anxiety filled freeze. The house was kinda gothic in a way, tall doors, dark windows, loads of willow trees hanging all over the place. I told my self to calm down and walked over to the door.

Tapping my knuckles in the mahogany door, the smallest sound that my knocking made seemed to eco through the house. I herd voices and shuffling behind the door and to my surprise the door didn't open. I waited a while until I knocked again. My second tap was interrupted my the loud sound of the old door opening. My mouth hung wide open as my eyes glanced up to the giant in front of me. My mum was completely right, he really was 7ft5. All I could do was stare at him. He started to drum his finger against the wooden door as he waited for me to speak.

"helooo?" he said, waving his hand in front of my gawking face. I soon snapped out of my daze and tried to smile as best I could. I told him my name and that if he needed any help unpacking or decorating to call on me or my mum. He raised an eyebrows and stared at me. Me being only 5ft4, he had to bend down to talk to me , ending in him crouching to be at my eye level. Able to see his face in a better light, I saw he had a layer of white, clown like make up on. Strange.

"Peaches, eh? as in the round fuzzy things?" he asked in mocking tone. I sighed internally and nodded.

"well, round fuzzy thing, do you want a faygo?" He smiled at me but I was trying to figer out what a faygo was. A faint shout was heard from inside. The giant turned his head away from me and shouted back, then signalling for me to follow him. I panicked as I pushed the solid doors together behind me. I was in a strangers house! My head ran with all the bad things that could happen right now, murder? Kidnapping? Slavery? He lead my to the living room, which was surprisingly fully furnished. My eyes darted round the room, landing on a tall lanky boy sprawled out on the couch. The giant pulled his foot as he walked past him, jolting him out of his trance.

"Hey! we got motherfuckin guests!" The giant told the boy, who slid of the couch and waltzed up to me. He too had clown like patterns plastered onto his face.

"Hey, what's your motherfuckin name?" he asked me, he was only about 5ft9 so I could talk to him more easily. He seemed a little more relaxed than what I could only assume as his father.

"round, fuzzy thing," I said sarcastically, holding out my hand "peaches" I assured him and his face dropped it's confused look. He took my hand and shook it. " Gamzee" he said then slumped back onto the couch. I stood in the middle of the room and waited. The giant walked back into the room, holding three bottles of purple liquid. He dropped one into the boy's stomach and then threw one over to me. I ended up batting the bottle up in the air multiple times in an attempt to catch it. I gave up and let the bottle fall to the ground then picked it up. Opening the cap, it fizzed over so I ran to what I thought was the kitchen to open it over the sink. It was the kitchen thankfully and my soda was over with the fizzing.

Turning around to leave the room, I met with a pair of milky eyes. They red mine for a while before leaving the room. I walked out into the living room to be greeted with a round of uncontrollable laughter. I stood and waited for the last laugh to die down before asking any questions. Once over, the three males took a space on the couch and looked at me. Before I could speak, I noticed the milky eyed boy make movements with his hands. I looked and watched them move fluidly. Then I realised his lips were sewn together with thick black thread and he was talking to me in sign language. He looked older than Gamzee but more innocent. I told him that I couldn't understand sign language, then he did something that pulled my heart out of my chest, he frowned and hugged his knees. I couldn't stop myself from whimpering and running to him for a hug.

He semi hugged me back and then let go. I looked up to the two dudes sat next to me, they were staring at me with a look that I couldn't quite identify. shock? hate? I shook it off and stood up to ask my questions.

"what's your name?" I asked the silent boy and he signalled to his brother. I looked over to Gamzee and gave him a questioning look.

"that is Kurloz, motherfucker." he stated. I then turned to the giant in the middle and asked him the same question. He stood up and put one hand on his chest and held the other in the air.

"I am the Grand High blood , motherfucker!" he said and then did a little bow. I smirked and asked for his real name only to be answered with the same name. Grand High blood, eh? Yeah right.

"you can call me GHB for short." he added before sitting down again. He untied the ponytail he had in this hair and ran his hands through the tangled mass. His was like mine, so I let my hair down to compare. yup, almost the same. Then a buzz was heard from my back pocket. Taking it out, it was my mum.