Chapter 12

Waking up to a headache was one thing but the regret of sending away the Makara brothers was another thing. Kanaya and I had done a pretty good job of clearing the living room of empty cups and silly string but a few guys had crashed on the couch and floor. The photo of Kurloz, Gamzee and I stayed on my bedside table all night and stared me dead in the face when I woke up.

I gave in and texted Gamzee to see if he was okay. No answer. I walked down stairs, stepped over the few stragglers and called Gamzee. A distant ringing was heard in my back hallway. I walked towards the sound to find Gamzee lent against Kurloz's shoulder, wide awake. He looked down and said nothing. I crouched to wake up Kurloz who, after a few stern shakes, woke up. Their expressions matched perfectly. I knelt and hugged them both. They both hugged back.

After seeing off the two boys, I changed my point of view on how the world worked. I had to get on with things and not get distracted by gorgeous beings. The boys had learnt to decide between themselves a lot better too. Gamzee still went to my school but only walked me home. I hardly hear from Kurloz now but I see him at the shops sometimes and with a girl. Gamzee had found a new obsession too, Tavros. I didn't mind at all because we all still hung out and my mum was always talking to GHB. But I had found my obsession too. My honeybee...