Chapter 11

I was spinning into a downward spiral. A wicked cycle of sopor, raving at the weekends and almost swapping between the Makara brothers. I had recently become 16 and for my birthday, almost everyone I knew threw me a house party. Some of the older kids brought masses of booze and me and my girls dressed up in 'club' ware which consisted of low cut shredded shirts, short shorts, over the knee socks and leg warmers.

I caught Gamzee smoking a blunt outside my backdoor and when he offered me a draw, I took it. I was half drunk at the time but anything to stay with Gamzee was doable. Kurloz was on the verge of becoming 20 and looked a lot older than when he was 19. His shoulders had become a lot broader and his abs were more noticeable through his shirt. He looked a lot like his dad but in a younger way. He was the second main culprit for the booze, the other being Rufioh. I dragged Gamzee back inside and we both danced our highness off before slumping onto my couch. My mother was at a friends house tonight so I was free to do whatever I wanted as long as the house wasn't trashed.

Kurloz joined Gamzee and I before joining in with a round of shots made by my temporary bar tender, karkat who was enjoying using the shakers and my ice maker. He was making all sorts of multi coloured concoctions and handing them out. Nepeta lijon, the shipping freak and cat lover had persuaded the group of boys around the stereo to move and she turned down the music before declaring a game of spin with bottle.

Half the room sat in a circle as the others sat in any other surface available. Nepeta pulled off someone's beanie and went around the room for small items that meant something symbolic to that person. I put in my amethyst ring and Gamzee put in a faygo bottle cap. Kurloz was a little stuck on what to put into the hat but he had a keychain on his wallet he could put in. It was a little voodoo doll that he was known for messing with when he got bored. The game worked by someone spinning the bottle in the middle of the circle and whoever it lands on had to pull out an object and you were asked do or dare. If you said do, you had to kiss that person and if you said dare, you did a dare decided by the group.

The game was full of squealing girls and the odd groan for those that refused to do e anything. I was told to kiss tavros on the cheek, drink almost half a glass of booze in under 30 seconds and then when I pulled out the little voodoo doll was told to 'proper kiss 'em' which I did. It lasted for like more than 10 seconds and was cheered for by my guy friends, all except Gamzee. On my next turn I tried to casually rummage for the bottle cap. Once I found it I was told to kiss him for as long as possible by a certain violet blood I knew. I did as I was asked and a growl was heard from behind me were kurloz was sat. I broke away from Gamzee and faced kurloz. I was sick of the gealosey between the brothers and started to stand up. At this point the room had gone silent.

As I spoke, tears began to well up in my eyes and my voice broke a few times but I managed to get my point across. Hewas taken aback a little but soon stood up with me. Gamzee tried to put his hand on my shoulder but I smacked it back and said what I thought of him too. Kanaya held my hand and took me to my room to talk about it without everyone watching. The music was soon turned up and the party continued. I told Kanaya everything. About the sopor, Gamzee and Kurloz always fighting, our weekly raves at the local nightclub. She understood everything and went to give me some time alone.

I touched up my makeup and took a breathe before going back dowwnstairs to join in with the celebrating. As i walked back into the room, Gamzee and Kurloz were nowhere to be seen. Rufioh met me with a drink and a few hugs were given to me by my dearest friends. I was suddenly pushed back and someone covered my eyes. A small murmur was heard but happy birthday was soon sung out by the whole room including the stragglers in the kitchen and some people leaning through the window whilst having a cigarette. Tavros walked in with his new robotic legs and held out a large cake that was decorated with all the colours of the rainbow and ablaze with sixteen candles. I blew then all out with a few attempts and smiled for the masses of photos taken. The cake was split into as many pieces as possible and the tray was specially left for me to lick clean later.

A huge pile of presents was displayed on the couch and Kanaya pushed me towards them, urging me to open them. I took the smaller bags first and they were from my girl friends who had all bought me a really expensive looking bracelet which when all put together spelt out 'peaches'. The green bag that sat in the middle was from Kanaya and was a really sexy looking dress made from silk and soft fabric which obviously had the Kanaya loom to them. The next ones were a few larger bags which the boys I was close with gave me. Tavros had got me a hand painted copy of peter pan and a new lip ring, Sollux had bought me a new phone case and a few packs of blue raspberry and sour cherry popping candy, karat had splashed out and bought me a £20 iTunes card, a bar of chocolate and a kiss on the cheek. Rufioh had teamed up with Kankri (Karkat's brother) and Cronus (that certain violet blood) and had bought me a pair of headphones and £15 iTunes voucher 

The last few gifts were pieces of jewellery that other friends attending the party had given me but the last two gifts left on the couch were in matching purple bags. Inside one was a cuff made of silk and a silver chain all intertwined with a Capricorn sign, a silver chain with a jewelled 'p' on it and a shirt. The shirt smelt of Gamzee. The other contained a amethyst lip stud, a skeletal hair slide, a pair of skeleton gloves and a framed photo of Kurloz, Gamzee and I. The frame was as detailed as the cuff, chains and silk. The thought of the two boys set me in a trance and it took the smell of whiskey to revive me. whiskey? well done rufioh, making us all drunk again!