chapter 2

It has been about three week since the makaras had moved in and I had already warmed to the two boys, finally knowing both their ages, Gamzee being 16 and Kurloz 19. I still keep a distance from GHB just because of his staggering height and build. Turns out Gamzee is going to attend my school, but he sais that he isn't going to leave me alone. Why say that to someone's face? Anyways, I had been speaking to Kurloz via pesterchum and we had general conversations and light chit chat now and then. I had just asked him about why their are so many Capricorn signs dotted around his house, only knowing the sign because it was my birth zodiac sign thing. He didn't answer so I elbowed him, since he was sat next to me on his couch. He shut his laptop and walked out of the room and up the staircase. I didn't follow him since all the dudes rooms were up there and I knew from what my male fiends say when two hormonal teens are left in a room together. I raided the makaras fridge and grabbed a faygo. I swear these dudes have got me addicted to the stuff.

I heard the loud footsteps of GHB trudge down the stairs and sat back on the couch. The high blood sat down next to me and poked me in the arm. I did my usual 'teenage go away grunt' and ignored him. He poked me again so I turned my full attention to him. Then he asked a load of questions like what was my zodiac sign, what colour was my blood and why I looked the way I did with the thick hair and sharper teeth then most people. I gave him all the answers I could and turned back to my laptop just to be interrupted by a pair of hands grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to face the owner. I yelled in shock and looked him dead in the eye. My attention was side-tracked by Gamzee turning the corner.

The giant in front of me smiled wickedly and then ordered Gamzee to grab the white face paint, all whilst still grabbing my shoulders. Once Gamzee came back, their work began. I was forced into a chair and to smile. That's when they boke out their brushed and began to paint. Now and then they would remind me to sit up straight and grin. Oh, Gog help me! Once they were done they told me to go and have a look in the mirror. Mirror? oh. The bathroom with a mirror was upstairs. I promised myself it was going to be alright as long as I stay in the bathroom. I sighed and started up the stairs. The long sweeping banister rail was smooth as I ran my fingers across it, ascending the stairs.

Walking into the unlocked bathroom I saw a figure standing in front of the mirror. Quietly closing the door until only a small gap was visible. I watched Kurloz inspect his stitches. It was awful to see him pull at the strings across his lips. That's when I gave up and opened the door, letting all the light from the bathroom spill onto the dark hallway's purple carpet. He looked away from his reflection and gave me a weak smile before a look of shock filled his eyes. He raised a finger to his face and tilted his head as to question about my face. I told him about the brutal face paint attack. He moved away from the mirror, allowing me to see my reflection. The sight that looked back at me was familiar, I looked so much like a the makaras, it was creepy. I traced my finger over the smooth lines in my face paint. For a pair of dudes, they had done a pretty good job. I defiantly liked my look.

The swirling patterns around my eyes and mouth stayed on my face for the rest of the day. I was bored so I started to wonder actually how tall Kurloz was, weird thought I know. I found his sat on a counter in the kitchen sipping a faygo. I ordered him to stand up straight so I could see on average how tall he was. He gave me a look of confusion but did as I asked. When he wasn't slouching, he was very, very tall, though not as tall as his father. On average he was about 6ft3, the height I had to look up to just to speak to them. In the short time I had known the makaras, I had started to wonder if there was some genetic mutation making the whole family un-naturally tall. I soon dismissed him and went on to find Gamzee. 

As usual, Gamzee was spread out on the couch drinking a grape faygo. I asked him to move his legs off the couch so I could sit down. No chance. After two attempts to move his legs myself, I gave up and just sat on them. I started to settle just when Gamzee let out a groan and jerked his legs causing me to fly off the seat and land face first into the rug below. I stayed there and let the pain slowly vanish before sitting up. I turned my head to glare at Gamzee but found a hand held out to help me up. A soft apology was mumbled by the lanky teenager in front of me. I accepted and walked back to the couch to inspect my carpet burns.

Gamzee had somehow started the topic of school and went on to rant about how cool the uniforms were. No, they weren't cool, Gamzee. In fact it was like being a dog, a white, stiff collared shirt, black dress pants or skirts, white socks, the purple jacket and the Gog awful school ties. I only just got away with my heavy boots because they were black. I knew Gamzee was starting the next Monday so I made arrangements to meet him at his house so I could walk to school with him. His dad seemed pretty chilled with it but my mum went on to tell me repeatedly to be careful around him. Why careful? She was fine with all my other male fiends.