chapter 3

I slammed my hand down onto my alarm clock as it rang seven. Monday, great. But it was also a good day, Gamzee's first day. I couldn't contain the excitement burning up inside me and I squealed, doing a little dance to celebrate. I ran down stairs and grabbed an apple and a glass of milk for I was not one for eating in a morning. I then sprinted upstairs and washed up as quickly as I could. I would usually be washing my face ten minutes later than this but today had an exception, Gamzee in a school uniform. I melted at the thought and then continued with my routine.

I slipped into my school clothes then rearranged them so my skirt was less dorky and shorter and my shirt was less baggy. Then turning to the challenge of my hair. Ah, the joys of having thick, wild hair, eh? Seen as the Makaras liked it, I only messed with it a little. Applying light makeup and and purple lip tint, I checked the clock. With only enough time to pull on my knee length socks and heavy buckled boots, I left the house with a kiss from my mum.

Knocking on the huge mahogany door, I waited for the sight I had been waiting all morning for. The short wait was sweet torture before I herd the thick doors open. There, stood before me was Gamzee in his school uniform. I nearly fainted, literally. His shirt fell across his toned form perfectly, his trousers hung loose around his hips, only suspended by a purple leather belt. His collar was undone and his tie hung around his neck in just the right way. Even his bed hair was perfect! He shouted a quick goodbye before grabbing his bag and jacket and followed me out.

He asked questions about school like where I eat, Where I hang out, What my friends were like. Turns out they weren't simple questions being asked but I was in the middle of an interrogation. I then remembered what he had said a few days ago, that he wasn't going to leave me alone. I mentally punched the air and ran around like a headless chicken. Once we turned into the school gates all female eyes turned to Gamzee. He didn't seem bothered by it until a group a blonde girls shrouded him with questions. He pushed them aside and walked to my side. Looking up at him, he still has his clown makeup on. Weren't those girls fazed by it? It was pretty damn noticeable if anything. He continued to walk with me along the long walkway that led up to the school entrance.

Once in the main hall he pulled me closer, as if he didn't want me to drift off in the crowds of people. Then he was faced with another challenge, the school jocks. woo! Once all the female attention was on him, the group of seven marched up to him and began to try to intimidate him. It was pretty funny to watch as Gamzee was taller than all of them. He shrugged and broke the circle of midgets surrounding him and walked back over to me, trying his best to peel off the girls that clung to him.

He gave me a sarcastic smirk and lent against the table behind us. Then he did the unimaginable, he rested a finger in one of my belt loops. I froze at the gesture and looked up at him. He was looking around the room with his usual lazy expression. I scanned the room for my friends and called them over. I finally gave in and snaked my arm around Gamzee's waist as we waited. Once they had arrived I introduced them to the giant that stood next to me.

Most of my female friends ignored me and just stated up at Gamzee who was trying to conceal his anxiousness at all the attention. He pulled out a faygo and quietly sipped it. I then realised he had said nothing since getting here. He offered me a sip and I took a swig from the liquid miracle. My female friends gazed in awe of Gamzee's simple gesture before the blondest, bustiest, most popular girl pushed them aside and practically pinned Gamzee to the table behind him. Okay, I know Gamzee was flipping hot but Gog! The girl introduced herself and proceeded to flirt with Gamzee. His face was plastered with a nervous smile and wincing eyes as the girl ran her fingers across his chin. That's when I had to do something.

In the most confident voice I could muster, I told he to stop. She slowly turned her head towards me and looked down her nose at me. Her group of clones knew what she was thinking and moved in to teach me a lesson. Well, that was until Gamzee moved in front of them and crossed his arms.
"Leave her alone." he growled. The entire hall fell silent. The look of shock on the girls' faces was so picture worthy. I put a hand on Gamzee's arm and led him out of the hall, quickly waving goodbye to my friends.