Chapter Three: Like Last Time

Monday. 

Today is Monday.

The second day of the week for my punching-bag business to start all over again. What do I get—earn—in return?

Scars.

Bruises.

Tears.

Those are some of my "benefits". What I get in return after my punching-bag job is done for the day. Just for the day. Then the next day my job will start all over again. Then again. Then over again. It'll keep on going until Saturday. Then it'll stretch on for just another day, Sunday, before I need to go back to my job. It's like a cycle that has a beginning and no end.

But I have never thought my Monday would turn out this way.

I'm at a popular Starbucks with some kids I've met at school just this morning. Like just met this morning and now suddenly I'm here with three of the most feared boys in Dartwell High with their friend, Naomi. I'm not sure what they're planning to do but really? Really? Why out of all people would they chose me? A new transferred nerd from another school. I think there might be something seriously wrong with them or that they're just not smart enough, maybe even including Naomi, to understand how wrong they are. How big of a mistake they may be making.

"Yeah go on," Alex said, wearing an impatient look.

I glanced around the place. Everyone's attention was fixed on the six of us. It was an intense and awkward moment actually. Naomi letted out a sigh. "Um Bennett?" She asked unsurely. He sighed a little as well before motioning the manager of the place to come to our table.

"I'll give you 200 bucks like last time if you tell everyone, counting the staffs, to leave for one hour—now," he saids. He raised an eyebrow when the manager didn't reply, instead just stared dumbfounded at him in return. "I'll triple it," he offered with no concern at all. The manager's eyes widen immediately. He seemed to be at a loss of words before saying, "Oh yes sir, will do sir." Then mumbled, "you have to stop doing this."

Then he turned around to face the crowd of people. "I'm sorry for this inconvenience—again—so may I kindly ask for everyone to temporarily leave. We will open again after an hour or so, thank you."

Everyone protested though stood up obediently and left as told and soon it was only the six of us left. If you listen in very closely you can hear the chirping sounds of a cricket and the clock ticking.

After what seemed like forever, Naomi cleared her throat and broke the silence, which was a good thing that she did. "You must be wondering why in the imperfect world did we want to meet up with you here, correct?"

"Yes, badly," Alexandra and I answered Naomi simultaneously. They all glared at Alex and in return, Alex raised her hands up in defense.

"All right. Now, you must know who we are?" Declan began.

I nodded my head while my sister shook hers.

"Well I don't," she snapped.

"I'm Jordan Wall—"

"Oh yes you do, Alex!" I said with a glare. I only earned an eye roll as a reply from her.

"Sorry, she does know but she just likes to pretend that she doesn't," I told them. Alex mumbled something that I can't quite catch under her breath.