Chapter Nine: Vitamin Z According To Me

"Stop rambling, it'll be fine." Bennett glanced at me with a flash of his eye in my direction.

"It might be, but I might not." I twirled a strand of hair with my finger playfully.

"How come? You don't even know him." We halted at a red light. "That's the point, I don't know him," I replied.

"Then what's there to worry about? He'll try to get to know you, while you do the same to him." He repeatedly taps the stirring wheel with his left index finger, waiting impatiently for the green light.

I sighed quietly to myself. "You're right, nothing majorly bad will happen," I said, more like trying to assure myself.

Soon the red lights switched to green, and we are off again. Then, in the distance, I finally spotted the restaurant with its huge, glowing-gold letters: R O Y A L B U F F E T.

He stopped the car at the curb to drop me off. I thanked him and gave him a friendly side-hug.

As I reached for the handles on the entrance doors, I heard the car's engine roar as he sped away.

I quickly checked my wristwatch that I had decided to wear before I left home. Yup, I'm just about right on time. I pulled the doors open and entered the lobby. There was a row of reddish-violet cushion seats on my left, where a family of four was already seated. As a result, four seats were left vacant.

On my right was a counter, I guess where you check in and out; a registration counter almost. Around the lobby was some cool decorations, paintings on walls, and a chandelier that hung from the high ceiling. I headed swiftly over to the four seats, taking a temporary seat on one.

Out of the corner of my left eye, I can make out two children with a male and female who's probably their parents. The kids looked to be young of age, no more eight, chatting and babbling with one another happily. I mentally smiled, a faint smile actually appearing on my face at the process. But it soon dropped when I realized that Zayn hasn't arrived.

Suddenly I heard the doors swish open.

My head whipped to the left, turning at the doors, where my eyes landed on a male—about seventeen or eighteen—approaching me. My voice caught in the back of my throat, making it hard for me to speak. He looks...he fits the definition that Alex described him as. Though she left out the details. Okay yeah I gotta admit, he is indeed cute. I guess not really hawt but, you know, cute.

He has light blond hair that looks natural on him—with a natural style. Like he didn't have to do much at all for it to look the way it is, like he could just wake up with something that looked almost similar. He has light toned skin, silver-grey eyes, and a few cute, visible freckles on his cheeks. Plus, I could not miss those muscles of his—even though they were just decent. He's wearing something casual, looking just fine and fitting. A few minutes late too, might I add?

His eyes scanned the room for a second, before his eyes landed on me.

He grinned and walked over to where I was seated. "You're Ashley, my date tonight, yes?"

Good job with remembering my name, even though I haven't told you in person. Alex, you can always manage ruin everything. I nodded and mumbled a yes. His smile widened. He held out a hand, and I shyly accepted it. When I was on my feet, he gently pulled me along with him by gripping my wrist with just enough force. But he's heading for the entrance doors.