Chapter Eleven: Caught Red-Handed

"Mia!"

I heard someone shout. Leon. Leon. No...no, the memories are flying ba—

"Mia!"

I hid around a corner, my heart pounding and thumping in my chest. There's no way he'll be able to catch me! I can't let that happen!

"Mia, I know you're there...somewhere!" Leon hollered, his feet taking him around the place downstairs. "I'm going to find you, and you're going to have to pay!"

I tried not to giggle at his playfulness and not blow my cover. I slid down against the walls, my whole body as flat as can be against it, down towards my bedroom. See, I'm upstairs while he's downstairs. He's not even close, not yet at least! I heard his faint footsteps coming closer...he's now heading up the stairs. My breathing hitched, my brain screaming for me to hide in the bathroom instead, since it was nearer to me than the bedroom door. But I know if I hide in there, I'll have more chance of being caught sooner. He's undoubtedly going to check that room first, then turn a corner before moving on to my bedroom.

I tiptoed towards the door as fast as I can without making creaks on the laminated floor. I reached it and turned the doorknob, the door thankfully not creaking. I pushed it open, big enough of a gap for me to slip in. Once I was in, I turned around to lock it (since he never said anything about not locking doors when hiding as one of the rules) and dashed to the back of my room, near a bookshelf.

"Ashley, not funny! Unlock this damn door!" He started banging on the doors.

I smirked smugly even though he can't see me. "Not a chance, Leo!"

"I'm a big bad wolf! If you don't let me in, I'ma huff, and I'm gonna puff, and I'm going to blow your door in!" He threatened with a fake howl.

"Oh, I'm so scared," I said sarcastically, sitting down and making myself comfortable.

"You give me no choice then..."

I heard some clicking and...ta-da! The big bad wolf is in. And in his hands were the keys, which he was twirling in his hands, to unlock the different doors in my apartment. Uh-oh...

"Ouch!" I yelped as I felt my back slam against something opaque, in a position where I was pinned against a locker. Good old locker, how I missed the old days with you. You were mostly always there for me to lean on, while others walk away.

Leo (my nickname for him apparently) had my wrists in a bundle above my head, and where I'm practically trapped by the little amount of space between us.

He towered over me, and he glared down at me, a pissed off expression clearly plastered on his face. "'Ouch' is nothing compared to how I'm feeling right now!"

"Well, you deserved it a hundred percent!" I retorted. That was a pretty lame combat, to be honest, though he did look taken aback.

"I know you're faking...please tell me you're faking," he finished in a low whisper.

I am.

"I'm not."

His eyes narrows, his anger not vanishing. I stared up at him, trying my best to look neutral.