Chapter Thirteen: Bipolar?

"Ashley, are you feeling okay?" Alex asks unsurely with a worried expression, fidgeting with her hands and the hem of her shirt while seated on the edge of my bed.

        "For the umpteenth time, yes, silly! I'm just feeling—oh I heart this song!" I instinctively squealed as soon as "Closer" by The Chainsmokers came on next in my playlist. I dance to the lyrics by using crazy dance moves until the female voice is singing. That's when I started to sing along—way off pitch, may I add—since I practically remember all of the lyrics. Alex soon joins me after a few moments of reluctance. I kept the song on replay the whole time.

You may or may not be asking yourself: why is Ashley acting so perky when she just recently had, like, an inward breakdown? Shouldn't she be accompanied with tubs of ice cream and a pillow?

I would have to agree with you, I really should be easing my inward-agonizing pain with some sweets. For example, ice cream...duh. Plus that's too cliché but truth be said, I am hurt. No I feel hurt. And it did feel unbearable, so what's better to ease the pain (besides from ice cream, like I'd mentioned) than to let the brain take over your senses than to let your heart conquer them? And my brain is telling me to set aside all the negativities in my life and simply enjoy it for once in a long time. I'm basically just listening to what the brain tells me to do while avoiding my heart's pleas for attention. I'm simply enjoying my time of existence before I'm simply history.

Ding dong!

The ringing of the doorbell was barely audible through the loud playing of music and shouting. Not pausing anything but my shouts of lyrics, I yelled, "You're getting it!"

"Naw, you get it!"

I groaned. "Then do us both a favor and order pizza! I want the—"

"I get it, I get it." Then she waved a hand wildly, dismissing me.

I groaned again, stopping mid-dance and trudged my way to the entrance (also serving as an exit, of course) of my apartment. "Woah, such speedy delivery—Bennett?" I yelped, stumbling a few steps backwards. I never knew he and his friends had a job outside of school of delivering pizza! "Hmm, well, where's my pizza?" I tapped a foot impatiently, hands on my hips.

        Confusion flashed and clouded his eyes before flicking instantly away, as fast as it had appeared. "Delivery? Do I look like a delivery dude?" He asked in a monotone, standing casually with hands in his black hoodie's pockets, a slight slouch noticeable.

        "He does!" Naomi whispered loudly from where she is stood, behind Bennett's back, accompanied with none other than Jordan and Declan.

Declan and Jordan snickered.

        "Just taking my chances, Benny," I shrugged, putting emphasis on the nickname I called him by and also smirking. He didn't seem too pleased though, by the way his eyes narrows and his gaze—which was undoubtedly fixed on me and me alone—hardens which wasn't actually surprising at all. "Now, what's your purpose of coming here," I demanded immediately afterwards, making it sound un-question-like while trying to return his glare.

Key word: trying.

        "Well, what are friends for?" Jordan chirped.

        I heaved a sigh, breaking eye contact with Bennett and stepped out of the doorway to allow them in. I then led them upstairs to my bedroom straight after I locked the door. "Alexandra, visitors!"