00. | Prologue

The Blue Eyed Bandit Strikes Again!

The infamous serial killer, otherwise known as 'the blue eyed bandit' struck again. The local police department found the body of missing teen, Bridget Washington, dead. They found her body the exact same way as 'the blue eyed bandit's' other victims - all limbs cut off and rolled into a tarp.

The police have been searching for months trying to figuring out who the 'the blue eyed bandit' is, but have no traces. Also, no one knows how he lures his victims in, they only assume that he has blue eyes since he only kills girls who have blue eyes.

Let's hope we stop him before he strikes again.

I sighed, turning the television that was in the kitchen off. What type of sick man would do this? Killing innocent girls, not letting them see another day. It's horrible. I hope he gets the death sentence when he is found.

I stood up from the wooden chair, it screeching slightly as it was pushed back. I walked into the living room flopping on the leather couch as I groaned into the pillow my face landed on. All the serial killer drama causes a lot of talk in our small town. We don't normally have anything exciting here and this is pretty exciting to everyone.

This blue eyed bandit catastrophe is giving me a head ache since no one ever stops talking about it. I rubbed my temples, getting comfortable on the couch and decided to take a nap.

--

I ended up sleeping all day and getting woken up by my mum at about five in the evening. I looked around groggily, wiping the sleep out of my eyes. I sat up on the couch stretching, hearing the sound of my bones popping, making me cringe at the sound.

"Callie, can you please run to the store. We need more milk," mum asked as she came into the living room, wiping her hands with a rag. I nodded, getting up and smiling at her.

"Yeah, I'll go grab it. I just need money," I said and she nodded, walking back into the kitchen for her purse and taking out a few dollars, handing them to me. I placed my coat on, stepping into my shoes. I wrapped my scarf around my neck, it being really cold out now since it's mid-winter.

I placed the money in the pocket of my coat; as well as my phone, I never forget that thing. I walked down my street to my local market. I hummed to a random tune that I thought of as I stared at the snow that fell on the ground.

I walked to the dairy section, grabbing a jug of milk, letting the glass door slide shut. I walked to the cashier, placing the milk on the counter, allowing him to ring it up. Once I handed him the exact change he tried to terribly flirt with me, only making me laugh and walk out.

A chill ran up my spine and I shivered. This wasn't the type of shiver I would get from the cold wind. It was the chill of feeling someone staring at me. I brought my pace a little quicker, hoping to get home so I'll be safe. A gasp left my lips when I ran right into someone's chest, nearly falling if the person didn't wrap their arms around my waist.

I looked up to meet icy blue eyes burning into my blue eyes. When he looked into mine, an evil smirk made it's away onto his face. He pulled us both up so I was pulled into his chest. I looked up, and I mean looked up, to see him already looking down at me.

"Um, thanks for that," I stammered, my cheeks turning a rosy pink. He chuckled, his voice very deep. "It's no problem babe. I'm always a nice help," he said. I nodded, trying to ease my way out of his grip, to which he pulled me into him tighter.

My heart began to hammer in my chest as my eyes widened. Why isn't he letting me go? "Um, thanks but I've got to get home now," I said, voice shaky as I tried to get out of his arms.

"Oh, honey you aren't going anywhere now," he said, his smirk widening as he easily tossed me over his broad shoulder and began to walk down the empty sidewalk.

"What are you doing?!," I screamed, pounding on his back with my tiny fists, the jug of milk long forgotten as I dropped it when I ran into him.

"Sweetie, you're my next victim," he chuckled, hoisting me higher on his shoulder.

Wait, next victim? What? Wait.... well this is just great.

"Yeah, that's right, you may know me as the blue eyed bandit."