16. | Luke

"What the fuck?," I said, sitting up. How the hell am I in the basement. I don't even remember anything except I was downing shots of vodka.

"Hey," Callie said and my head snapped to her, only for me to regret when I felt my head rattle. She was smiling, fucking smiling. Why would she be smiling, she's been kidnapped and I'm going to kill her. Why is she smiling at me when we're in this type of situation.

"Why the hell are you smiling at me?," I asked, totally freaked out by the situation.

"You don't remember." she said, her face covered in hurt.

I stared at her bewildered, "What happened?"

"You said you loved me, I said it back," she said, almost like she was trying to draw a memory. To be honest, last night I was piss drunk so I have no recollection of anything.

"I did," I said, squinting my eyes before running a hand through my hair. She nodded, looking at me like I was stupid.

"Well I don't," I reply bluntly, beginning to stand up. I can't let her make me weak. I just have to keep her then kill her and boom onto my next victim.

God Luke, why are you thinking this way? You use to be the sweetest guy on the block.

His voice laughs satanically in my head. I shook him out, focusing on the problem at hand; trying to deny the things I told Callie last night. I don't even remember any of this shit so she could be lying to me just so she can escape.

"You're lying. Drunk words are sober thoughts," she yelled, shaking her head.

"I don't love you," I haven't loved a person in a long time, and I don't plan to love anyone for the rest of my life.

She rolled her eyes, "Quit being in denial."

"I do not," I retorted. Denial? Is she saying I'm in denial. I am not in denial, whatever that is. I don't love her and that's final, can't she understand that; for fucks sake.

"You so are Luke, just admit you love me."

"I won't admit something I'm not," I rolled my eyes. Even if I was in love with her, why would I tell her? I mean I've only had her for a few days and I'm pretty sure you can't fall in love with someone in only a few days.

And besides I'm suppose to kill her.

"Then why are you getting all defensive," she smirked. She does have a point there. Why am I getting all defensive over this fight of if I love her or not.

It's because you are in love with her dumb ass.

Just make her fall in love with you, then kill her. It's that easy Luke.

"Because you're accusing me of something I'm not," that sounds good. I don't want to fall in love with her, I can't. I can't go through falling in love with her.

"I'm only saying what's true," yeah right. Like Callie would even fall in love with me.

Luke you are really good looking man, I mean you got me to fall in love with you.

I shook her voice out of my head, I can't deal with them both. Just one of them is bad enough, fucks sake.

C'mon Luke, I'm not that bad. Just get her to fall in love with you then slit her throat like you did to all the other girls. Making her fall in love with you will the death more enjoyable. Do it.

Her strength was getting to strong for me and I needed to continue to fight. I want to live my own life for once and not have them ruling it.

"I'm done," I murmured. I'm sick of this fighting. I don't love her. I turn, beginning to walk away.

This isn't over Luke.

You're going to tell her you love her.

I began to make my way towards the stairs, trying to fight off their power when Callie says, "Seriously. You're going to admit your feelings to me and deny them." She sounded sad and when I looked back for a moment, she had tears in her eyes.

Does she really love me?

Yes you idiot now make her fall more and love then kill her!

This can't be happening. How can she fall in love with me just in these few days I've had her. It hasn't even been a fucking week! At least I don't think so, I'm not good at keeping track of things. God this is so difficult.

Just fucking do it Luke!

Do it! Do it Luke make her fall then crush her heart!

I took in a shaky breath, they're voices getting too loud for me. I take in a shaky breath, my eyes travelling to the ground. If I'm going to do this, I'm doing it my own way. It's now or never.

Barely audible I reply to her, "And what if I w-were to love you?," there I finally let it out. Maybe if I ere to love her, I can finally get out of this life and live happily - live as much as I can - with her and forget about the old life I had.

That wasn't the plan Luke, what are doing?!

"I'd love you back," she said, swallowing hard.

"Are you serious?," I asked, stepping closer. It's hard to see this actually happening for one, I haven't shown feelings a long time and two they are pounding against my fucking skull.

I began to walk closer, inspecting her posture when my mind darkened and it's almost like I blacked out.

Luke, this isn't how it's suppose to go. You are suppose to get her to fall and crush her heart!

"Get away, I'm done with all your antics," I mumbled to myself. I'm sick and tired of them messing with my life now. It's my life.

It hasn't been your life for years. We took over it and we plan to keep it that way.

It hasn't been your life since that life Luke.

Their voices began to laugh maniacally and it sounded like they were moving everywhere, like they were moving from corner to corner.

You're not doing that Luke, we rule you now. Have fun trying to escape us.

You don't you even have to love her, just pretend.

"You don't understand, I actually love her." Did I really just say that to them. Wait, the real question is; do i mean that?

You don't mean that Luke, you loved me and only me. You still love me, after all these years. Remember I'm still with you, baby.

I'm finally had enough, I'm going to break free.

"No! I will not listen to you anymore, I love her," I yelled, not realizing I said it out loud. I snapped my head up to Callie, seeing that her eyes were wide.

I released a breath, the silence making me uncomfortable. That was when I realized, there were no voices taunting in my head.

I was finally free.

the bold and italics is a different voice compared to the italics voice hehe