26. | Luke

Her eyes widen in curiosity and slight fear at my confession.

Yes, I am a fricking ghost.

"I-I thought they never existed," she murmured, inspecting my face. I rolled my eyes, looking at the ground. I sat back, sitting in a pretzel. I glanced up at her to see her still looking at me.

"How did you die?"

"You only were allowed to ask one question. Now back to my story," I muttered. "Now after my lovely night in a jail cell.."

[ FLASHBACK - THIRD PERSON ]

Luke stretched his limbs as he walked out of the police station with his mother. They both were silent as the both entered the car and drove home. She wanted Luke to clean up before they went to visit Andrew at the hospital so Luke could apologize for his behavior.

Luke almost blew his top at his mother but kept his cool. He couldn't believe his mother thought it was his fault. He stomped into his house, going to his room.

He is sick of his family always molding him into something he isn't. He grabbed his school back, dumping out the contents before shoving the most clothing he could into the small bag. After filling that, he left it by his door as he entered his bathroom.

This was the last shower he was taking here. He took a quick one, wrapping the towel around his waist as he grabbed his bathroom essentials and brought them into his bedroom. He closed and locked his door, quickly getting dressed and double checking if he had everything in his bag.

He cracked open his piggy bank, pulling out the money he had to see he only had 53 dollars. He groaned, he at least needed 100 dollars to get away from this house. he shoved the money into the pocket of his slacks.

He slid his backpack over one of his shoulders as he walked back towards his mother who was sitting in the family room.

"Why do you have your bag dear?," she asked, sitting up and walking towards the door with her son. They both got into the car, Liz starting the engine.

"Oh, I thought I'd get some homework done," Luke lied easily to his mother. He was a bit disappointed on how easily he can fib to his parents now, but it was the only way he could've been able to see Haley without his father ringing his neck.

Liz nodded, driving silently to the hospital of their city.

She pulled into a spot, getting out with Luke. They both entered the hospital, signing in and making their way towards Andrew's room. Liz stopped, handing her purse to Luke. "Luke be a dear and watch my purse while I use the lady's room please."

Luke nodded silently, leaning against the wall where Liz disappeared. Luke felt bad as he unzipped her bag, digging into it to pull out her wallet, taking 50 dollars from her. He shoved it into his pocket quickly, dropping her wallet back in and zipping it up.

He held it at his side, biting his lip nervously as Liz walked out. She took her purse, pinching Luke's cheek as they continued their adventure towards Andrew's room.

A scowl was permanently placed on Luke's face as they entered the room. Luke smirked proudly, looking at the bandage placed on Andrew's nose.

"Hey honey," he smiled at his wife before grimacing, noticing his son was with them. "Why is he here?"

"I-I'm here to apologize," Luke stammered out, rocking on his feet. Luke knew he really wasn't here to apologize, he just had to make his mother believe he was.

"I don't want your apology," Andrew spat and Liz slapped his wrist, glaring at him.

"He is your son Andrew, let him apologize for his actions."

"I'd like to apologize in private please, mum. I promise not to injure him," he assured his mother as she was a bit reluctant to leaving her son here alone. She sighed but nodded, walking out.

"I'll jut be going to the cafeteria and get us all some food," she walked out after placing a kiss to Andrew's and her son's cheek. The door closed slowly as the air grew tense.

Luke stalked over towards the bed, looking at all the wires Andrew was connected to. He didn't know why he needed all this attention when it was just a few blows to the face. He walked to the end of Andrew's bed as Andrew watched his actions intently.

Luke looked around the room, grabbing the pillow under Andrew's feet. "Hey! Wha-," Andrew's yell was cut off by Luke pressing the pillow to his face. Andrew began to struggle under the pillow, trying to push it off but Luke only pressed harder.

He grunted, using all his force to press the pillow down. He soon felt Andrew's movements slow down as his body fell limp. Luke pulled the pillow away cautiously to see Andrew's blue eyes wide and lifeless. He set the pillow back under Andrew's feet before he stepped back cautiously.

He actually killed his Father. He did it.

He turned around and quickly ran out of the room and out of the hospital. He looked at his surrounding before turning the way towards his house. He ran and ran until he was a panting mess. He entered the familiar alley, running into the forest.

He ran to the cabin that was now empty. It still reeked of blood and he gagged as his throat tightened and tears welled up in his eyes. He opened the door shakily as he stepped in. He slowly walked towards the basement door, opening it to feel pelted with the stench of blood.

He looked down, seeing the giant stain of blood still there and he whimpered, stepping down the first two steps. He sat down, running his fingers through his hair as he began to cry yet again.

How can his life make a turn like this?

[ FLASHBACK - END ]

"Why did you kill you dad? I mean of course because of Haley but he could've just went to jail," she mumbled and I almost killed her right then and there.

But then again, that is another possibility.

"I-I was just so angry. What he did to Haley? That's sickening. He did that to her because he thought she was making me do sinful actions. But truly, I was the one who initiating most of the things," I muttered.

"She got killed because of me."

"You know you saying that's sickening of what your father did but you chop up girls and torture them. Isn't that a bit hypocritical?," she said, raising an eyebrow.

Is she seriously choosing to be sassy with me now? In this situation?

"I don't really want to do this?! I was brought back because Andrew and Haley possess my mind!"