Chapter 3.5 (Bonus)

What did Usopp want to talk to Luffy about?

Usopp brought Luffy out of hearing distance from the group.

"What do you want Usopp? I have to go back inside as soon as possible. Nami's here and I told my dad that I'll make him know when-"

"Luffy."

"Yeah?" Luffy blinked upon the realization that he was talking to his friend's back the entire time.

"Is she the real deal?"

"Who?"

"You said her name was Nami, right? Or am I mistaken?"

"Yes. That's her. She's the girl I've been telling you guys about. We're getting married."

"How long have we known each other for?"

"Why are you-"

"How long?!"

"A long time."

"That's right. We've been friends for a long time. So please..." He spun around, fell on his knees and clasped his hands together. "Please don't marry that girl- Don't get married ever! It's all a trap!

If you marry her, you won't have any time left to spend with your buddies anymore, man. Your social life will all be flushed down the drain and you'll forget us- You'll die!"

The answer he got was a boisterous laugh from his captain.

Usopp sprung back up on his feet, "It's not a joke!" But was silenced when Luffy pulled him in for a hug. He thought that he needed one. The sniper looked like he was about to cry.

"Sorry but I'm still marrying Nami."

"But you can't! It's a-"

"It's not a trap. I think I know what I'm getting myself into."

"What about us? Your friends?"

"I can never forget about you guys. As you said: We've known each other for a long time."

"It's not fair. This whole thing isn't fair. You sure you don't wanna change your mind?"

"I'm sure. Nami's nice. You all will like her."

Usopp believed Luffy but the fact that things would be different from here on now was inevitable, and he was never a fan of change.

"Luffy?"

"Hm?"

"Good Luck."

'Shishishishi' "Thanks."