Chapter 13.5 (Bonus)

"I appreciate you."

It was the weekend and Toshiro had come again to play with two of his favourite friends in the world.

Nami was stationed in the living room holding him for he was fast asleep. She wasn't ready to put him down yet and was fascinated with poking lightly at his cheeks.

He flinched only a little at the sound of the door jerking open and Monkey D. Luffy tiptoed in and slowly closed it back. He left home saying that he had to go pick up something in town and Nami had sent him a text notifying him that the baby had gone off to slumber land and to make sure that he was quiet as a mouse when he returned.

She smiled when he settled beside her and kissed his cheek for a job well done.

"He's out cold," Luffy said waving a hand over the infant's face.

"Yeah...- Hey. Don't do that," Nami batted his finger away from jabbing at Toshiro's cheek.

'Shishishi'

'Shh' "Remember that we have to be quiet. She sighed and rest her head against his shoulder. Makino was coming in the next couple of minutes and it was soon time to say goodbye.

"Do you have plans tonight, Nami?"

"No. Why?"

"I got us tickets for that movie you wanted to go see and maybe afterwards we can go get something to eat."

"You're kidding." She leaned up and stared him down. "I thought that you didn't like those sorts of movies."

"That's true but I wanted to surprise you. Even though I'm not so excited about seeing it, I at least get to spend some time with you."

That was music to her ears.

"Thanks Luffy. I can't wait... This is all so sudden. Is there a catch?"

"What's a catch?"

"What do you want?"

"To say thank you."

That statement threw her off-guard.

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For having my back, being honest with me and for putting up with me when I get careless; For helping take care of finances and for keeping the house in order. For making my bed in the mornings when I forget and for always making sure that I have everything before I go off to work; For teaching me new things like cooking... There are so many other things that I'm thankful for."

"You don't have to thank me for doing those things, Luffy." She was only doing her job and she did them because she wanted to. Never thought of it as much of a big deal.

"I mean all that so I'm not taking it back."

"Luffy..."

"I appreciate you, Nami."

Him saying that had hit the nail on the head because Nami got all kinds of emotional. Some of the stuff he mentioned were only small things and now she knew their importance; They made him happy.

"I want to hug you so badly right now but I can't."

"Too bad," Luffy muttered and they both fell into silence watching the sleeping child.

Then Nami got a better idea.

"Come."

"Where?"

"Closer."

He got the message and they shared a kiss.

"You're welcome."