Chapter 14.5 (Bonus)

"You crossed the line."

A knock came at the door and Nami stared at her bedside clock with a look of regret and she left bed and walked over but she couldn't bring herself to open up.

"Nami, I'm going to work now."

"Are you all set?"

"Sort of."

"Okay. See you when you get back, Luffy."

"..."

He tried turning the knob but it was locked.

"Hey. Unlock the door."

"No."

"Why?"

"..."

"I want to see you."

She wanted to see him too. Her face was covered red and she had her back against the door with her knees drawn to her chest.

"Is everything okay?"

"... I'm fine."

"But-"

"It's nothing to worry about, Luffy. I'm fine... I'm sorry that I can't help you with your tie today."

"I don't care about that... Can I just see you for one second?"

"No. I just want to be by myself right now."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure. You can trust me."

Luffy pursed his mouth. Upset that she couldn't just spare him one teeny second but if she's okay that was most important. He managed to smile.

"Okay. Bye then."

"Bye."

At break time he called. He usually did when he got the chance so this phone call wasn't much different but what happened before he left was like a parasite on his mind.

"Are you having a good day?"

"Yeah. Today's going fine so far. Thanks for asking."

"How is everyone?"

"They're okay."

"I haven't seen them in a while so maybe we can schedule something so we can all hang out."

"Sounds good."

"Luffy..." Nami was not liking those short answers. "Are you still thinking about this morning?"

"I am. You were acting strange... Is it about last night?"

"..."

"Hello?'

"..."

"I'm so-"

"No. Don't apologize for that. I'm sorry that I hit you."

"That's okay."

"Look; I'm about to go in the library. Enjoy the rest of your day and tell the guys Hi for me."

"Namiiii," Luffy whined. Now she was just plain out brushing him off.

"We'll talk. Later."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No... I've been missing you all day. I wish that I got to see you off this morning. It feels weird."

Luffy grinned. "I miss you too and I feel the same way. It's weird."