Chapter 17.5 (Bonus)

"Please don't let it happen again."

"Hello?"

"Zoro?"

"Speaking." He adjusted the weight over his shoulders and gave Usopp a look and the sniper began biting his nails in fright.

"Do you know where Luffy is? He was supposed to be home 2 hours ago. He's not answering my phone calls or my text messages... Maybe something happened to him. It isn't like him to stay out late without calling. Please tell me that you have an idea."

"You're overreacting-"

That statement had upset her and she didn't even let him finish.

"Of course I'm overreacting. My damn husband is missing! Missing! I'm here worried sick and all I wanted to find out from you, his good friend of four years, is if you could at least tell me where he might be. I'm sorry that I even bothered calli-"

"We're outside." Because of her yelling, Zoro had to hold the phone inches away from his ear.

"Outside?" Nami went to the door and pulled it open but there was no one there. "Are you playing games with me?!"

"Can't you just wait 5 minutes? Geez. We're at your building; coming up the lift."

"Is Luffy with you?"

"... He is."

"Is everything okay? Why can't I speak with him?"

"We'll explain when we get there." He hung up and placed a firm hand on Usopp's shoulder making him turn stiff as stone. "Just for the record, this is all your fault. It was nice knowing you."

Nami had left the door unlocked and when they arrived, what she saw sent a pang straight to her heart. Her husband was lying still over the swordsman's shoulders and when he rested him in a pile on the floor, Nami had thanked the heavens that he was still breathing.

"What the hell happened to him?" She asked and upon leaning closer to check on him, her nose picked up the scent of booze. And it was well known that Monkey D. Luffy didn't like the taste of alcohol and wasn't a fan of drinking it so Nami glared at the marimo and matched his height with folded arms.

"Explain."

"I didn't have any part of it. Ask him. He knows exactly what-"

Nami looked where he pointed and narrowed her eyes growing angrier by the second. "There's no one there."

"Wha-?" Zoro checked and for sure, the spot behind him was vacant. "Usopp! Get the hell in here!"

The sharpshooter trembled. His entire body broke into cold sweat but he still mustered up the courage and came in. What he needed right now was a distraction from the murderous aura directed his way.

"Woah, Nami! I really like what you've done to the place. Are those curtains new? They look fabulous! Goes well with everything!"

"Usopp."

"Hai?!"

"Care to explain to me exactly what's going on?"

His wobbling knees gave out and he grovelled before her. "I'm sorry! It was Zoro's idea to go for some drinks after work."

"Oi!" Zoro could not believe that Usopp was dragging him into his mess. "Tell her the damn truth."

"Luffy and I ordered soft drinks and Zoro bought his usual booze and we were having so much fun playing darts and everything. You should have seen me! I was-"