Meeting Shawn for the First Time Part 1

Hazel's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and looked out the window. It seemed to be like another regular day. I got up out of bed, put on my sandals and outfit, and went out to the kitchen. "Good morning, Hazel!" "Morning, mom", I said with a tired voice. I decided to eat cereal for breakfast, so I got a bowl out of the cupboard, and Corn Flakes too. As I was preparing my food, my mom asked me, "Ready for another day of school?" She knew I hated school, because I was such a loner there and everyone hated me. "I guess", I answered. After eating, I took my plates to the dishwasher and got my backpack and headed for the door. "Bye, ma" I said to her. "Have a great day sweetie!"

Angie's P.O.V. (Hazel's mom)

After Hazel left, I said to myself in my head, "If only she had friends, she wouldn't be so distant." I remembered all the years of her life, and the girl she used to be. She's 17 now, and she is so different. She was so happy, so full of life. Ever since high school happened, she still likes to do stuff, but she's mostly by herself all the time. If she could just make one friend...

Hazel's P.O.V.

I entered the school, and as I was used to, everyone would ignore me. I was different than other girls. The other girls would wear loads of makeup, wear dresses, and talk about their celebrity crushes. I, on the other hand, would only wear mascara, wear jeans with a t-shirt from stores like Forever 21 and Converse. I'm not a tomboy, but I just find my style comfier. 

After school, I would usually go to this bakery, where is usually empty, which is the reason I like it. I went there today, and it was so lonely as I expected. "One coffee, please," I told the waitress. "Sure, sweetie," she replied, and then left. I was playing around on my phone, when I heard the chimes from the door ring. I looked up, and it was some guy with a hoodie, with a word in the front that said, OBEY. "One chocolate chip muffin, please," He told the waitress as he sat down in the table in front me. "Right away, dear" and left for kitchen. I kept looking down at my phone, pretending I didn't care, but I was a little intrigued. I tried to keep a low profile, but it failed when the waitress came to my table with my coffee. "Your coffee, hun!" 

The guy looked up and we made eye contact for about 2.5 seconds, then I turned back to the waitress and said thank you. "No problem!" she replied to me, and told the mysterious boy, "Be right back with your muffin!" and left. 

Mysterious guy's P.O.V.  

I was reading my book, thinking I was the only one in the bakery, but when the waitress spoke, I immediately looked up, and saw a girl there and I looked into her eyes which were a beautiful color shade of amber, then she looked away. The waitress told me something, but I didn't hear, I was so struck with the girl. I was going to tell her something, but she looked back at her phone. I was fighting with myself if I should go up to her table, or just leave it alone. After 1 minute, I decided to go up to her.

Hazel's P.O.V. 

I could hear footsteps coming toward me and I didn't dare look up. "Hey, I'm Shawn! What's your name?" I mumbled without lifting my head,"Hazel". "That's a pretty name, especially because it almost matches your eye color", she told me. I immediately looked up, and found myself extremely close to his face, like if we were about to kiss. I saw him grinning so hard, and I pulled my head back in almost a millisecond. 

Shawn's P.O.V.

She looked so shy when she pulled back. I could tell by her face expression that no one has ever told her that, and she turned so red and it was so adorable, that I almost said "aw" out loud. I knew that she and I would be really great friends. That is if she feels the same way.

Hazel's P.O.V.

I seriously want to ask him for his phone number right now. What? I barely met this guy in less than 8 minutes, and you want his phone number? I'm confused with myself right now. Is it because he told me something no one has told me before? Just continue the conversation a little bit longer and see what happens. I decided to ask for his age to make he wasn't a creep. "18 years of age," he said to me. "I'm 17" I told him. "That's cool," he told me. By this time, the waitress came back and handed him the muffin. She told us the most awkward thing I have ever heard in my life. "You know what? This is on the house tonight, because I have a feeling you two are gonna be great friends after this, then even become a couple!" she told us. He actually told her, "Thanks! I have that feeling too." I literally wanted to melt away in that moment. Well, I am actually enjoying his company. 

TO BE CONTINUED...