Chapter 5

Hazel's P.O.V. 

I woke up feeling refreshed and I remembered everything that happened everything yesterday. I just smile like a fool at the thought of it. I put on some sneakers, then my skinny jeans, and a hoodie on. I then go to the kitchen and I find my mom sitting on the counter, and gave me a weird stare. "Morning, mom," I say with a nervous voice,"How are you?" 

"Doing fine," she says. I say,"Then why are you looking at me like that? Its kind of creepy." She now tells me the reason. "I'm just waiting for an explanation of who was the boy that was in our driveway last night." This is going to take up my morning. I explained to her how I casually kind of connected with the Shawn and what his family was like, and what a nice guy he was in general. "Really mom, there wasn't any wrong with him last night, and we didn't do anything, but watch the Vampire Diaries. Which, I might add, you know is my favorite show."

"Okay honey. Next time you hang out with him, and he brings you home, tell him to come in so I can meet him, alright?" My mom told me. "It's a promise. Now I gotta go before I'm late." I kiss her cheek and grab a granola bar, because I didn't get any breakfast. Thanks to the lovely chat me and my mom had. "Bye, love you!" and I slam the door on my way out. 

As I'm walking to school, I can't help but thinking, Mendes? I think I've heard that name before. I just don't know where. 

 I get to school and look down so I won't get any looks. I bump into someone and when I look up, I like what I'm seeing. "Hey Shawn! Sorry I bumped into you. I'm not big on full hallways." 

"Don't worry about it!", he tells me, "Anyways, we found each other like we said yesterday, right? Now can we go somewhere private?" 

Before I can say anything, he takes me by the arm and takes me into the janitor's room. He gets me in first, and he comes in himself and locks the door. "Shawn? What the heck is going on?" I ask him. The room is REALLY small, so me and Shawn are really close together, which made me feel awkward. He's acting like he's hiding from papara- "Shawn? Mendes? Are you the guy on the radio?" I ask. 

Shawn's P.O.V.

Great. She found out who I am. I thought that she was the only girl who didn't know my reputation. I actually felt normal for once. Now that's gone. "Yes I am, now don't blow my cover." She gave me a weird look. "Are you being for real right now? I just know who you are, because when I turn on my radio, your song always comes on. I mean other than that, I thought you were just another kid and now you're assuming I'm gonna hug and kiss you to death?! Well, you're wrong! I knew you were to good to be true!" I covered her mouth before she screams another thing. She got really mad and stayed silent. "Listen," I told her, "I'm sorry if I offended you in some way. It's just that ever since I got to the top, everyone's been in my face. When we started talking in the bakery, I thought that you weren't like the other girls who just wanted a picture. You were so honest and down to earth with me and I loved that about you. Please don't ignore me after this."

She just gave a me a hug, which was pretty easy to do considering where we are, and told me,"Thank you for thinking I'm different in a good way." I let go and asked her, "What do you mean 'in a good way'?" She then explained to me the most horrible thing I've ever heard in my life. "Ever since I've been here, everybody has been been so mean with me. Girls say that I'm a loner and I shouldn't even try to talk them and the guys just whisper to their friends about how ugly I am and that whoever tries to hang out with me, are stupid." I see a tear run down her cheek. "That's why I'm so alone, and why I always have my head down. No one can see me and I don't see them." 

So that's why I found her alone. She has no one. As I was thinking to myself, I found her sobbing so hard and her face was getting so red. All I could do was hold her and tell her "I'm here and I promise you will never be alone. Not while I'm around."

 Anyone notice song reference? ;) ;) Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also sorry if you thought it was short!