Chapter 11

Shawn's P.O.V.

I pull up at my house and get out of the car. I quickly open the backseat door and I see that Hazel fell asleep again. I carry her inside my house and my mom comes out of the house. "Shawn, what happened?"she asks terrified. "She got abused by her dad and I brought her here. I know its like 1 am, but I didn't want her all alone at her house." I say, while laying Hazel on the couch. "Shawn its alright. I'll get the guest room ready." And with that being said, my mom went upstairs. 

I sit next to Hazel and I just look at her. I don't know how much longer I can keep my feelings a secret anymore. I only told Aaliyah, since I trust her with a lot of my stuff. I hear Hazel groaning and I quickly get up and kneel down next her on the floor. "Shawn? What happened?" she asks. She touches her eye and winces. "Hazel, you got hurt by your dad. Why didn't you tell me about this? I'll go get you an ice pack." I go in the kitchen and get the pack. When I came back, she was about to fall off the couch. I sit her up on the couch and I give her the ice pack. At least her back is feeling a lot better, I see. "Hazel, don't you know I would have protected you?" She just stares into my eyes."Hazel, answer me!"

"FINE!" she screams."My dad has been doing this to me my whole life. I've gotten used to it. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to get taken away from my mom. Now that I'm almost 18, I thought I could get away from it. I thought he would leave me alone. Guess I was wrong. That's why I didn't say anything to you. I could've handled it. When I saw you come in and fighting for me, I was shocked. I was mad at first, because I told you to leave. But at the same time, I was confused. No one did that for me. Then I was like half passed out, until you put that towel on top of my back. Boy, did it hurt. Thank you, Shawn, for caring." 

I was actually crying. 

That's it. I've had it. I can't do it anymore.

Hazel's P.O.V.

I was done talking and I saw tears on Shawn's face. What the heck? I then saw him look straight into my eye. Well, I had the ice pack on my other eye. He crashed his lips onto mine and I immediately dropped the ice pack. I was feeling those same feelings that I felt when I was almost going to die. The same weird but wonderful feeling. The rainbow exploding in my stomach. OH MY...

He kissed me, that's what he did! He kissed me. He's the one who brought me back to life.

I closed my eyes and put my hands on his face. He then grabbed my waist. This is actually my first kiss. Other than the time when I didn't know he kissed me, because I was unconscious, but that didn't count. I'm so glad, because this was the perfect kiss. It wasn't heated, but it had love and care in it. You know....perfect.

Shawn's P.O.V.

She didn't reject my kiss. She instead put her hands on my face, and they were so soft. I didn't want this moment to end, but unfortunately, we have to breath. 

I pulled away, and we both put our foreheads together. "Wow,"she said,"that was something." I laugh and say,"Yeah." I realize what I did, and I stand up and walk back and forth the living room floor. "I'm so sorry." I say. She chuckles a little, and says,"Shawn, its okay. I liked it." She looks down and blushed a little. I sit next to her and lays her head on my shoulder."So, Hazel, I need to tell you something,"and I kneel down in front her. 

"Hazel, when I first met you, you were different. I meet thousands of girls on my meet and greets at my concerts, but none of them have made me feel the way I felt when I saw you. When we talked, you looked so delicate. I knew you had to be part of my life. I took you to see my parents because I wanted you to have somewhere safe to be when you needed help, and now they love you! After a few days of getting to hang out with you, you trusted me with so many things, and I couldn't be more happier. On the day of the incident, I couldn't bear seeing you hurt. I was so afraid of losing you. Now we're here, a month and a half later, and I never felt this feeling before. I feel like you changed my world for the better. I can't stop thinking about you. Hazel Rose Anderson, will you be my girlfriend?" 

She's crying, but they're tears of joy. "Yes!" and hugs me and drops me to the floor. We both laugh and kiss. "Awww!" I hear a voice say. Of course, its my mom. She was actually videotaping us for the whole time. What's worse is that my whole family is on the top of the stairs. "It was about time!" Aaliyah says. 

I cover my face in embarrassment while Hazel just laughs. Well, if she's happy, I'm happy.

*A week later (Hazel's Birthday)* 

I wake up by the noise of Shawn's voice singing "Happy Birthday" to me. It's seriously like hearing birds chirping on a spring morning. It's so beautiful!

I open my eyes and I see Shawn standing there with a cupcake and a candle on top. "Happy birthday, love!" he says cheerfully. To me, its a little too early to be that cheerful. Its 8 am. 

Now that Shawn's my boyfriend, every one at school has been looking at me with weird faces. Then again, when haven't they? My dad is at prison, since Shawn's parents called the police on the day when he abused me. They told the officers that my birthday was 1 week before that, so that I can go back home without adults there. So I'm at home living by myself, since my mom is still at the hospital. 

He brings the cupcake closer to me so I can blow out the candle. I give him a grin and blow out the candle and bite a little piece of it. Chocolate, yum. Then Shawn does something that I will never forgive him for.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for the reads and votes! :) <3