Chapter 36

Shawn's P.O.V.

"On in 3 minutes and 15 seconds, Shawn!" 

"Great, thanks." I look at myself in the mirror.

You'll see her in a few hours.

I honestly don't know why this show was planned for today, instead of any other day. Its Christmas Eve, and I should be with Hazel right now. She has no one to spend it with. Probably Alexa, but I bet that she has plans of her own. 

Also for the other performers, not just me.

"Shawn, its time." A stage crew member calls out.

I turn around to walk into the direction of the stage. Time to do what you do best.

*After performance*

As soon as the cameras are gone from my view, I sprint for my dressing room. On my way, I bump into Camila.

"Hey Shawn! Great performance out there." She gives me a hug.
"Thanks Camila. Look, I don't have much time, so I gotta go. But-"

She raises her hand up. "Off to see Hazel? I figured. Go get her, tiger." 
I chuckle. "See you later, Camila."

I enter my room, and I quickly grab my luggage. I rush outside into an uber to go to the airport. I text Hazel a quick update as to where I am. I have a promise to keep.

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Come on, Hazel. Please go to sleep." Alexa whines in front of me.

Shawn just texted me that he's on his way here and I intend to stay up until he was here. No matter how long it takes.

"No its fine. I want to see him before I fall asleep. He'll be here in a few hours." I tell her as I'm sprawled out on the couch. 

"Okay then. But I'm going to go back into my room. See you at Christmas." 

"But that's also in a few hours." It was currently 11: 56 pm in Christmas Eve. 

"I know that!" I hear her say before I hear the front door close.

I laugh to myself. I scroll through some channels and I stop at one that had a recap of the Jingle Bell Ball. I see Shawn perform and he never ceases to amaze me with his voice. I check the time again some time later. 

2:08 am.

"Merry Christmas." I whisper to myself. 

Before I have the chance to fight it, I fall asleep.

Shawn's P.O.V.

I turn the keys very slowly on Hazel's apartment door, since she might be asleep. I hear the small click to tell me its unlocked. I cautiously open the door, and silently place my bags on the doorway. 

I walk into the living room, to find Hazel in an uncomfortable position on the couch and the television still on. I go to her, and I pick her up in my arms in "bridal style" and I take her into her room. 

Before I can place her down on her bed, she wraps her arms around my neck, and her head is rested against my shoulder. 

I groan internally since she just made it harder for me to lay her down. I attempt to, but her grip tightens. 

Looks like I'm a bed for the night. Or morning, rather.

I gently lay on the bed, not moving Hazel too much, and rest my head on the headboard. I look down at Hazel, and she still hasn't moved a muscle.

I place my head above hers, giving her a quick kiss, and I try my best to fall asleep too. 

Hazel's P.O.V.