Chapter 33

Shawn's P.O.V. (A/N You're welcome ;) )

"Last show of the tour everyone!" I hear Andrew yell out, so that everyone in the empty arena can hear him.

As you can probably tell, it is the end of tour and we're ending it here in Sydney, Australia. I know, long ways from home. I decided, for this last show, I would give them a sneak preview of my new song. Well, Hazel and I's song. 

Everyone cheered, and Geoff comes out with 2 boxes of cupcakes and everyone devours them. I wasn't that hungry, so I left for my dressing room. Cupcake lovers, please don't hate me for not taking any. 

*Hours later*

"What's up, Sydney!" I scream into the microphone. Loud cheers are blasted throughout the arena.
"Hope you guys are having fun, and since this is the end of the tour, I'm going to sing you a brand new song." They start cheering again, and it brings a smile to my face. "Its a song I wrote with my girlfriend, Hazel, and I hope you enjoy. This is called The One." 
I start to play a few cords and I start to sing the song.

As I'm singing, the crowd is completely silent. 

"I think you are the one." I finish off with a few strums, and the whole building comes alive. I would usually be happy of myself, but now I'm only proud of Hazel. 

If you were only here, I tell her in my head.

"Glad you guys liked it! This next's one called Three Empty Words."
This show was off to a great start. 

"I love you guys so much! Thank you so much for coming, and I'll see you soon!" I say goodbye, and I run off the stage, still hearing the crowd chanting my name. I crouch down and rest my hands on my knees. Some of the crew passes by, and pat my back, telling me congratulations and that I did a great job. 

After some time, I hear silence out on the stage. I go back on the stage, and everyone's gone. To think that this was completely filled with people a few minutes ago. Unbelievable.

"Shawn! Time to go to the airport!" I hear someone call out for me. It was Andrew.
"Coming!" 
I take one last look around. And then I leave.

*The next morning*

"Welcome back, loser." Aaliyah smirks, as she opens the door of my home. "Good to see you too, Liyah." I mumble, dropping my luggage inside. Soon enough, my mum comes into view. "Shawn! How are you sweetie?" She says, giving me a hug. I hug her back, "I'm good. Where's dad?"
"He's at work, per usual." "Oh okay. I'm going to go to my room. Night, mum. Night sucker."

"Good night, Shawn."

"Night, butthead." 

I run up the stairs, and the first thing I do is flop on the bed. I literally moan when I do. I missed my bed. I lay there for a few minutes until I remember about Hazel. I sit up and call her. On the third ring, she picks up.

"Hey, what's up?" She answers.
"Just came back home. You?"

"I actually just came back from work. I was going to call you right now to ask you how was your last show like." She laughs at the end of her sentence, as I lay back down.

"I sang the new song that we wrote, and everyone loved it. I wanted you to be there so bad, Haz."
"Everyone loved it?"
"Yeah, they did." I say softly.
"That's amazing.

For a few moments, there is a comfortable silence.

"So, what's your next move, Mendes?" She says, breaking the quietness.
"Fly out to LA asap, to see you." I smile, even though she can't see me.

"Well then, I'll be waiting."
"You won't have to wait very long."
"Wait, Alexa just came in. I-" I hear some muffling in the background. 
"Haz?"

"HEY PRINCE CHARMING! HOW YA DOING!" I hear the familiar voice of Hazel's best friend. She had such a loud voice, I had to move the phone away from my ear a bit.
"I'm good." I laugh.
I could also hear Hazel struggling to get her phone back. 

"Sorry about that," she chuckles nervously, "she's just being a pain right now."

"Hey, I only wanted to say hi!" I hear Alexa defend herself in the back.

"Nah, its fine."
 I yawn, indicating that I am in fact, tired.

"Hey, I gotta go, but I'll talk to you soon, alright?"
"Okay, cool. Night, Shawn. I love you."
"Goodnight Hazel. I love you to the moon and back." 
"I love you from the end of the galaxy and back."

"Dammit, just hang up already. You guys make me feel queasy." I hear Alexa yell.

"Shut it, Alexa! Bye, Mendes." She sighs.

"Bye."

I hang up and I get under the covers. In almost an instant, I fall asleep. 

Hope you guys like this chapter, because I was super close to writer's block, BUT here I am! 

This book also reached 5K reads! I was so surprised when I saw the number!
Thank you guys for the reads and votes, and have a great day/night!