Chapter 35

Hazel's P.O.V.

"I'll be back before you know it." Shawn says, as he pulls me against his body. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he wraps his around my waist.

"Just be back by Christmas." I muffle into his chest.

"Don't worry, I will." He pulls back from the hug, and gives me a soft kiss. Next thing I know, he's out the door, his kiss still lingering on my lips.

Shawn was on his way to perform at IHeartRadio's Jingle Bell Ball in Boston. I wanted to go too, but I still hadn't got my winter break from school. It was until next week. The week Christmas was in.

Speaking of Christmas, I still needed to get Shawn's present. I go into my room and dress up in a peach-colored crop top, black skinny jeans, and black Converse. I call Alexa to see if she wants to come with.

"Hey, Alexa." 
"What's up?"
"Can you come with me to go shopping?"

For a moment I don't hear anything. "Say that again?"
I sigh. "Can you come shopping with me?" 
"Great, thanks. Got it.

"Um, got what?" I ask.

"I recorded you saying that beautiful sentence. The sentence I never thought you would ever say." She snickers.

I rub my forehead with my fingers. "Are you coming or not?" I ask, a bit more impatiently this time.
"Yeah, I'm coming. Give me 7 minutes."
"Oka-" I start saying, but the beeping noise on my phone tells me that she hung up.

Typical.

I quickly grab my purse and keys, and I head out to Alexa's apartment. 

I knock on her door, and a few seconds later, she opened the door. "Didn't I say 7 minutes?" She says, placing a hand on her hip. 
"Yeah, you did. Let's go."

2 hours later, I still couldn't find anything that's right for Shawn. Can't say the same for Alexa, though. "Wait up!" She yells out to me, falling behind. She had multiple bags filled to the brim of things from Nordstrom, H&M, Joann's, and Barnes & Noble. 

"I thought I said we were only here for Shawn." I tell her.

"We are! But I couldn't let the great deals just go by like dust, right?" She says, as she tries to fix all the bags in her two hands.

 "Whatever, you could stay here. I'll go look around some more."
"Okay, I could actually use a break." She breaths out.

I nod, and I go off on my own. I stop by a music store, and see if I can find anything here. I want to get Shawn something music-related, but not like an actual music thing. For example, I don't want to get him a guitar, or a guitar strap. I want something, maybe sentimental.

I look around and I see a sign that says "Accessories". Go for it, Hazel, my conscious whispers. I find myself walking towards that aisle. There were many little thing-a-ma-jigs in there. Picks, capos, straps, bracelets, necklaces. I check out the necklace part of the aisle. 

There were some with music notes, guitars, pianos, you name it. One caught my eyes. It was one that had a leather sort of string as the chain, and a silver metal guitar pick. I held it in my hands, and I saw the back of the pick.

It had small lettering, reading:

Music is my life
Lyrics are my story

This is the one Hazel. Get it for Shawn.

I follow my conscious's instructions and I head towards the cashier. A young teenage guy, about my age, was sitting there on his phone. I clear my throat loudly so that he knows I'm here. He looks up at me with his gray eyes. He looked annoyed, but when he saw me, he put on a half-smile. He turned off his phone and sat up straight.

"Sorry about that," He chuckled, "what did you wanna buy?" He said with a husky voice.

I placed the necklace on the surface. "Just this." I replied. He took it and scanned it. 

"$2.63, doll." He smirked.

I looked at him. He surely wasn't hitting on me right now. I took a breath and pulled out my purse to pay. I handed him the money, and he took it. He placed the necklace in a small bag and gave it to me.

"Thanks." I muttered. 

"Come back soon!" He shouts as I'm heading out the door. I look back and force a laugh. I turn back around to exit the store, and I say with my fake smile, "In your dreams!"

I try to find Alexa around here somewhere, but she's not. I spot her outside of Starbucks with her bags surrounding the chair she's sitting in. She isn't alone either.

She's sitting with a guy. 

I walk towards them and they both still don't notice me. I clear my throat for the second time today. They both look up at me. I only look at Alexa, glaring at her for her to give me an explanation.

She gulps nervously and looks between me and her guest. 

"Um, Hazel, this is Derek. Derek, this is Hazel, my best friend." She introduces us. I look at Derek directly this time. He has blue-green eyes, messy bronze hair, and I notice he has an ear piercing. He also looks like a really nice person. 

"Hi." 

"Hey." I respond. 

I crouch down to Alexa. "What's he doing here?" I whisper in her ear. "I'll tell you later!" She scolds me, but in a quiet voice.

She looks back at Derek with a full grin. "I have to go now, but can we hang out soon?" She asks him. He smiles back at her. "Sure, let me give you my number." He pulls out his phone and gives it to her. She does the same and put in her number. They give each others belongings back and he stands up. 

"It was a great pleasure meeting you, Alexa." He smiles, as he puts his hands in his back pockets. "Same here." Alexa rubs her arms and smiling too. He nods and looks at me. "Alexa."

"Derek." 

He takes one last look at us, and goes on his way. 

I look down at Alexa with a smirk. "So," I wiggle my eyebrows. "So what? We just met!" She defends herself.

"Right. Let's go home." I say with a smile.

I hear Alexa groan, and before I turned around, I saw a small smile on her. 

Sorry for no update yesterday! I wanted to include their Christmas in the story, so stick around for part 2 on friday ;)

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
Would you guys like it if I wrote another fanfiction with Shawn? I have a few ideas brewing up.
If I do, I promise it'll be better than this one (hopefully) 

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU WOULD. This decision relies heavily on your hands, since I'm a bit indecisive myself :) 

Thank you for the reads and votes! <3 :)