Chapter 37

Hazel's P.O.V.

Its a month before the first year of college finally ends. Which also means the big project is due.

You would think everything would be fine, right? 

Wrong.

Turns out, that now we have to present it. With an explanation of the reason behind your artwork. 

In front of the whole campus.

Do you know about one of my biggest faults? 

Contact with strangers.

Ever since I was a little girl in pigtails, I hated making talk with people I didn't recognize. For example, 11 years old. In-n-out. Mess on the table. "Hazel, go ask an employee for some napkins, please." My mother asked.

I was gripping my already sweaty hands together. I nervously went up to the register, and there were 3 employees standing there. I gulped and went up to them with my shaking legs. 

"C-can I get s-some napkins, please?" I tried saying quickly. One of the employees standing there, a female, smiled kindly at me. "Sure sweetie." She bent under the register and handed me a handful of them. 

"Thank you." I said quietly, and speed walked to where my parents were. 

Yeah. It was that bad.

Now what am I going to do with a more than 500 students looking at me?!

"You okay Haz?" Shawn asks, plopping himself down next to me on the loveseat. "Yeah, everything's fine." I reply.

"No you're not. I've known you for a little over a year now. I'm pretty sure I know when you're frustrated." He says, putting an arm over my shoulder.

I half-smiled at him and decide to tell him.

"The teacher just e-mailed all of the students that there's going to be an special event at the end of the year. Consisting of the whole school getting to see her class's artwork, and the artists themselves giving the reason behind their paintings." 

"That sounds okay to me." Shawn shrugs.

"For you. But I'm terrified, Shawn. What if I don't explain it right? What if I stammer on my words? What if everyone laughs at me? What if they hate my presentation? What if-"

"Hazel."

I lean myself against him and place my head in the crook of his neck. "What?" 

"You're going to be the best one there. I can promise you that you're going to do great." He rubs my arm and kisses the top of my head.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask.

"A small little birdie told me." He replies.

I slap his chest lightly. "Well I hope that that little birdie knows what its saying."

"It does. Plus, I could come if you want. That is if they allow it."

I look up at him. "They are. You would really do that for me?" 

"Of course I would. I'm here to support you in anything you do."

I hug him tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" 
He chuckles, "No problem." 

I release myself from him and stand up. "I should probably get started on my paper." 

"Okay. Call me if you need any help!" He says right before I head into my bedroom.

"Will do!" I exclaim. I open a new Word document on my laptop. I start typing a few words, that soon become deleted. I decide to try again, but I end up hitting the backspace bar forcefully. 

5 minutes pass.

10 minutes pass.

20 minutes pass.

30 minutes.

1 hour goes by and there isn't a word written that made the final cut. I groan out loud, and slam my head on the desk.

"This is impossible." I whisper to myself. I hear a few light knocks on my closed bedroom door. I get up from my desk chair. 

"I brought smoothies." 

Shawn holds up 2 smoothies with a comforting smile. I take one from his hands and give him a quick kiss. I walk back into my room, with Shawn behind me. I take my seat on my chair and Shawn sits on the edge of the bed. 

"How's it coming along?" 

"If you think 0 words is great, then everything is going fantastic." I sigh and sit next to him. "It's a lost cause, I tell ya." 

He shakes his head. "Why did you make the painting in the first place? For fun?" 

I shrug and I tilt my head to the side. "No! I guess because-oh!" I'm a stupid girl. 

I run to my laptop and start writing. Was it really that easy? 

"You see-" Shawn starts to say until I raise my hand towards him.

"Shush! Let me write this first so it won't leave my mind." I say whilst typing. 

"You're welcome." He says before leaving my room. 

Thank you Shawn.

*30 minutes later*

"Done!" I shout. I clamp my mouth shut. Maybe a little too loud there. Shawn comes rushing in the room.

"You okay?" I could see the concern in his face.

I stifle a laugh back. "Yeah, sorry about that. I just finished, that's why." 

"Really? Let me see."

I cover my screen as he comes towards me. "Bup bup bup! Hold up there, buster. You'll have to wait until the event." I grin.

"Come on," he puts his hands on the desk, with me being caged between them, "not even for an exchange for a kiss?" He smirks with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry. No tradings in this store." I reply pushing his hands of the table. He almost topples himself on me.  

I push him off. "Come on, Mendes. Let's do something." 

"Like what?" He asks following me out the door. "I don't know. What do you want to do?" 
He puts on a thinking face and points a finger up to the sky. 

"How about we go out for a walk?"

I nod. Its been a long time since I've a relaxing walk out. "Let's go." 

I grab a black sweater and my purse, while Shawn puts on his maroon hoodie.

The one that he was wearing when I first met him. 

I can't help the silly smile that rises on my lips. "What are you smiling at?" Shawn comes up to me, closing the door behind him.

"Seriously?" I raise my eyebrows towards the hoodie. He looks down at himself. He scoffs playfully. He pulls me to him, and kisses me.

How I love this boy.

Guys.

It's here.

The last chapter is the next chapter. Chapter 38. 

Don't worry, the walk will be included in the next chapter, along with the event. I'm also not sure if I should do like a "5 years later" thing.
Anyways, I hope you'll like the ending. 

Thank you for the reads and votes! <3 :)