Epilogue

As promised...

*5 years later*

"Alright class, so-"

The bell rings signalling that the school day is over. The class cheers since tomorrow was the start of summer vacation. I smile and then announce:

"Before you leave, by the time you come back, I want 20 new paintings from you all." 

My whole class stop packing their backpacks to stare at me. I laugh, "I'm kidding everyone. I still want new creative ideas though. You're excused."

Everyone sighs in relief, and make their way out the door. A few of the last students  stop by my desk.

"Have a great summer, Ms. Anderson." One girl says. 
"Yeah, and say hi to Shawn for me!"
Then the whole small group start murmuring the same.

I shake my head and chuckle, closing my laptop from my desk. "I will. And, no I'm sorry, I don't have any free concert tickets on me." I smirk.

They groan, but one junior boy speaks up. "Will the wedding be this summer?"

Yes, I am engaged to Shawn now. Two months and one week to be exact. We haven't decided on a date yet, since Shawn is busy on tour, but we agreed that it would be in the autumn season this year.

"No, Jonas. I promise that I'll tell you all when the date is finally decided."

Another girl, Emily, shyly asks me, "Can I be one of the bridesmaids?"

I pull my bag over my shoulder and push my chair into the wooden desk. "I'll think about it, okay?" 

"Did I leave anything?" I ask myself as I glance around the classroom. "Nope, I didn't. Alright everyone out."

The small group of friends walk out, as I lock the door behind us. When I turn around, they are already halfway down the hallway corridor. 

"Bye Miss! See you later!"
"Bye!"

"Adios!"
They shout their goodbyes to me, as I wave back.

I make my way towards the back entrance, where only the teachers get to go out. I push the door, and I look up to see the one and only Shawn Mendes leaning against the black Jeep he's had since forever ago. 

I smile at the ground, and I speed walk my way over to him as fast as my dress heels can take me. 

"Hey beautiful." Shawn greets me with a sweet kiss. 

"Hey, how was your day?" I ask, walking around the car to the passenger side. He gets in and shrugs. "All ready for the tour. I'm so glad your coming with me."

I decided to come with Shawn on his new world tour for the next 3 months until school is back in session. The life of a high school art teacher, I guess. 

After college, I went back to live in my old house in Canada. Lots of designers and art enthusiasts called a few weeks later, and wanted me to work with them. Somehow, those jobs didn't feel right. A few months afterwards, this school called and asked me if I wanted to be one of their art teachers. I immediately took the job without hesitation.

This is my second year here in Greenwood High School, and I couldn't be happier. The kids here are nice and the environment in the area is calm. 

Shawn has grown in the music industry, and still is breaking the charts. He's even starred in a few movies and series. I've still kept writing lyrics, and sometimes we write them together.

Shawn and I still have our fights. Not everything is perfect for us, but we always get through it. We almost never had that problem as a couple, just a handful of times.