Chapter 6

Hazel's P.O.V.

I have never opened up myself like that with anyone. Not even my mom, whom I can always tell everything. 

We are standing there like that for like a good 7 minutes, until I pulled back. "Sorry I messed up your shirt." I say, apologizing.

"Don't worry about it. Are you feeling better?" He asks me. "Yeah I guess. I think the hallways are clear now. Can we leave?" I ask.

"Sure." And he unlocks the door and we get out. I ask him,"If you are so private in front of other people, how do you study here?" He then replies,"I study in this small room in the library, and a teacher comes in every hour to teach me different subjects. Its like a school for one." "It must be kind of weird," I tell him. "It is a little. When I do go out into the hallways, I always walk quickly, because I might get mobbed."

Thank goodness that the period that we were talking and stuff was a free period, or else I would have gotten my first detention. So I'm a goody two-shoes. Fight me.

The bell rang, and we headed towards the parking lot. He asked me,"Need a lift?" I thought about it, and I said okay. Besides, my mom wanted to meet him.

We got to my house, and I told him if he wanted to come in. He thankfully said sure, or else I would have had long conversation with my mom by not not doing what she asked me to do. I opened the door, and my mom was in the kitchen. "Hi mom, I'm back!" She acted like she didn't hear me. "I brought Shawn here." She immediately turned around and speed-walked towards us and greeted Shawn with a hug. "Hello, Shawn! I've heard a lot about you!" she said to him. He said,"Nice to meet you!" But then he faced me with an expression that said, I can't breathe from her hugging me so hard! What do I do? I just mouthed to him, just go with it.   

When my mom finally let go of him, she thanked him for being so nice with me. "You guys can do whatever you want, just make yourself at home, Shawn." she told us. I took him upstairs to my room. My room was big, but not too big. I had my bed in the middle of the room and a window on the same wall. On the right, I had my walk-in closet and on that same wall, I would draw on it (Because I painted it with chalk paint, so I could draw and erase on it. Pretty cool, huh?). On the left, I had my bathroom and my canvas paintings. Basically, it was an art studio where you could live in.

"Woah. You did this?" Shawn asked me. "Yeah. Its my passion. It makes me feel free and like if it just stops time and you're the only one in the world." I tell him. We sit down and do our homework together. 

We finish our homework and we decide to head downstairs to watch some T.V. "What do you wanna watch?" I ask him. "How about Home Alone? Its never to early for Christmas" I put it on and cuddle with him, especially since its cold this time of year. We eat popcorn and laugh throughout the whole movie. I feel so happy when I'm around him, like I can can be myself with him. 

Shawn's P.O.V. 

I was right about Hazel. She is so special, so unique. It hurts me to know that people like to hurt her, when she is really amazing. When I was in her room, I felt like I was in a different world. I see drawings on the wall, paintings hanged up on the other wall. I see inspiration and love in them. She can be something important to this world, but instead the world shuts her out. I'm planning to change that. 

The movie is over, and its 7:30 pm. "I need to go home, but it was an great afternoon." I tell her. "Okay! Text you later?" "Of course. See ya." I say, before heading out the door. I get in my car, and I can't stop smiling. I think I like her.

Hazel's P.O.V.

After Shawn leaves, I lean on the door. I think I like him

Angie's P.O.V. (Remember her mom?)

I've been upstairs in my room and spying on them every once in a while. They were always laughing and smiling. This makes me so happy, to see see my little Hazel smile. Shawn came at a good time. Especially when I need to tell Hazel something.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!