Chapter 30

*1 week later*

Hazel's P.O.V.

I decided to not have a full-on funeral for my mom. Besides, she was like me. She never had many friends around her. Only three of them, to which I sent invitations for the event. I also sent one to the Mendes'. It was going to be for tomorrow. 

I now sit on the kitchen island of my home, making sure everything was prepared. I close my planner, and cross my arms on the surface. I let out a sigh, and close my eyes. I see Shawn's face. He was so disappointed that he couldn't stay with me. I won't lie, I was too.

*FLASHBACK*

We were holding hands, more like gripping, as we said our goodbyes.

"Hazel, you do know that if I could, I would stay here with you. Stay here to comfort you." He says, looking into my eyes, as if he was looking for something. Maybe something he could use as an excuse to stay here with me, than go back on his tour. 

"I know you would. But you can't. I'll be fine, really." I say, trying to send him a reassuring feeling. 

Boarding for Flight 308, I hear a woman's voice blast through the airport. 

Shawn looks up and groans. He instantly looks back down at me, and pulls me closer to him. 
"You're incredible." He says, before enveloping me in a passionate kiss. I put my arms around his neck, and stand on my tip toes. He holds my waist, and I don't see any sign of him stopping anytime soon. 

Last call for Flight 308, the booming voice announces.  Really? 

Not wanting him to miss his flight, I slowly pull back, breathless. Still, on my toes, I look around and see people staring at us. Some people have amused faces. I place my forehead against Shawn's, hoping he doesn't see me blushing.  

He looks at me, and smirks mischievously. Okay, plan failed. 

I whisper, "Well, are you going to get on that plane or not?"

He gives me a tempting look. "Well, after that kiss, I'm having second thoughts."

I rest my feet, and I slap him on the shoulder. Not that'll have any affect on him, though. "Shawn, I order you to get on that plane," I point to the metal door, leading to his plane.

He reaches down to grab his luggage, and pouts. "Yes ma'm." 
Shawn makes his ways to where I was pointing earlier, but turns back to me, and gives me a quick kiss on my lips. "Goodbye," he says, jogging towards the door. He reaches there, and looks back.

"For now!" He shouts, before going out of my view.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I grin to myself, but soon, I wipe it off. It is now night time. I head upstairs, and I rush past my mother's room. I make it into my room, and close my door. I slide down on it, and I breathe in and out deeply. I go to my nightstand and take some medication I was given to calm myself down. 

After a few moments, I start to feel relieved. The side affect about these pills, is that they make you feel drowsy. I head into my bathroom, to finish my night routine.

When I pull my pajama shirt over my head, I feel my eyelids get heavy. I climb into my bed, and pull the covers over my body. As expected, I fall into the darkness.

*Next morning*

I wake up to the sunlight coming from my window. I look at my phone, which I forgot to charge last night. Good going, Hazel. I look at the time.

7:50 am.

The service is at 9:00. I still have to choose an appropriate outfit. I rush into the bathroom, quickly take off my clothes, and jump in the shower. 

I get out, breaking my personal time of 30 minutes, and wrap a towel on only my body. Might as well start letting my hair dry. 

I push open my closet. Okay, let's see what we've got to work with.

Hoodie, hoodie, skinny jeans, shorts, sundress, hoodie, skirt, blouse. 

I look back, and the world has had mercy on me. 

The mid-length skirt and silky, button-up shirt are both black. I snatch them off the hook, and I grab my undergarments. I quickly dress up, and I look at myself at the lengthy mirror. It'll do.

I go back to the closet, and try to find some good shoes. I push out my endless collection of Converse, Toms, and other sneakers, until I find a shoe-box. I pull it out, and open the lid. I feel like I found a bright diamond. 

In it, lays the heels my grandmother gave to me for my 16th birthday. The beautiful black leather high heels. I put them on my feet, and they still fit me. 

I stand up, and I almost fall down. I grab on the wooden chair from my desk, to keep myself standing. I forgot that I only wore them once in my whole entire lifetime. My first school dance as a junior. Don't ask how it went. Let's just say, I came home with slime running down my body, and the heels in my hand. I should have seen it coming.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of the horrible memory. I go back to trying to teach myself how to walk in them. I look like Bambi trying to walk for the first time.

After 10 stressful minutes, I can now manage how to walk in these things.  

I leave my hair the way it is. Naturally curly at the tips, and I brush it a bit at the scalp, so it won't look that crazy. I then apply a bit of makeup to complete my look.

I carefully walk down the stairs, and reach for my matching black clutch bag. I grab my keys and head out the door.

*At the cemetery* 

I get out of my convertible, and I speed walk to where the Reverend is standing on the yard full of gray stones. No one else is there, so I guess I'm early. 

"Ah Miss Anderson! Just the person I wanted to talk to." The Reverend says smiling, as I approach him.

"Good morning," I say, out of breath from walking in these death contraptions called high heels. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Yes, well, a family member has come here to comfort you." He tells me. I don't have any more family members, other than my distant cousins.

"Who?" I ask.

"Who else, sweetheart?" I hear from behind me.

I can't move. I don't even feel the pain from my feet. I feel the blood from face drop. It couldn't be. 

I somehow turn around, and I drop my bag.

Its him.

SORRY FOR CLIFFHANGER. But I think you guys might have an idea who it is ;) . Thank you for the reads and votes! <3 :)