I break an ankle

I sprinted throught the dense forest. My t-shirt and jeanse were in tatters and smeared in dirt. I was dehydrated, I hadn't eaten in a little over a week, and I hadn't slept in four days. So I was basically running on adrenaline and a prayer right now.

I eventually found a small clearing by a large hill. I stopped and turned to face the thing that had been chaseing me for the past two days.

"Y/n," it snarled. "You know you don't stand a chance." The monster that had been chaseing me was part donkey, part vampire, and part annoying cheerleader. "You can't fight me you don't have a wepon," sne taunted. I took a deep breath and reached for my necklace.

Sure my dad left me after I was born but he did leave me one thing, a neclace. It had a simple gold chain and a small circular pendant of pale blue courts. My brother told me that if I was in trouble all I had to do was pull off the pendant.

I didn't do this often since I didn't have training but I pulled the pendant off the chain to reveal my sword.

The sword was a little under three feet long. It was made of some sort of glowing bronze, deadly to the monsters that chased me. The grip fit in my hand perfectly and the sword was balenced. The pale blue courts was imbedded in the hilt. But without training the sword didn't do me too much good.

The cheerleader, I belive her name was Keilli, laughed. "Put that thing away. You don't know how to use it."

You're right. I thought. I don't know how to use it. But I'm not going to let you know that and I'm not going down without a fight.

I let out a battle cry and charged Kelli, my sword raised.

I swung at her chest. She jumped out of the way. I stabbed at her feet but she jumped out of the way again. I grunted in frusteration and just started swinging and stabbing. Kelli knew I was getting tired and I knew she wasn't even trying. We both knew who was winning and who was losing.

But I'm not going out without a fight. This time she sliced her talens at my stomach but I moved out of the way just in time. So she just barely cut my arm.

She smirked in victory. She lunged to finished me off. But she exploded into gold dust that smelled of sulfer right before she could touch me.

I stared wide eyed at what I saw. In front of me stood a teenage boy around 15 or 16. He had blond hair and bright blue eyes behind glasses. He seemed pretty normal exept for the fact he had a golden sword and armor over his purple t-shirt and blue jeans.

I tapped mt sword to the chain and it shrunk back to a pendent. The boy opened his mouth to say something but before a word came out I raced into the woods.

Why? You might ask. Because I was scared, he obviously knew how to handle that sword and I didn't know if he wanted to use it on me. Sure he could have provided food, shelter, and a safe place for me. But those monsters always find me. No matter where I go. I didn't want him, or anyone, to get hurt because I was around.

"Hey wait!" He yelled. I heard his foosteps folowimg me. A few others joined him. "Don't go! We can help you!" I doubt it. I muttered to myself.

Branches hit my face and arms, giving me several small cuts. Me being my clumsy self I tripped over a tree root.

"Ooph!" I heard a crack and pain flared up my right ankle. I bit my lip to avoid crying out.

"Did you hear that?" A female voice asked.

"It came from that way!" A second voice announced.

I heard three or four sets of footsteps running on my direction. Ignoring the protests of pain from my ankle I stood up. Leaning aginst the tree which I tripped over I stared to hop away.

"Hold it!" The boy I met shouted. I froze in my tracks. "Turn around." I stayed still for another few seconds. Then slowly turned around.

There were three teens. One girl and two boys. The girl had choppy brown hair and multicolored eyes. One of the boys was the one I ran from. While the other boy was pale, with black hair, clothes, and eyes.

"I'm Jason," the blond introduced.

"I'm Piper," the girl said with a smile. When the second boy didn't say anything Jason nudged him.

"I'm Nico," he muttered.

I didn't reply to them. I don't really like talking that much. Especially to people I don't know.

"What's your name?" Piper asked. I felt compelled to answer her.

"I-I'm y/n," I said a quietly.

"Hi y/n," Piper said gently, like she was talking to a wounded animal. "I see you hurt your ankle. Can we look at it?" I shook my head even though for some reason I wanted to agree.

"How about I just look at it. Not the other two." I hesitated for a moment. The only human contact I've ever really had was someone hitting me. Would she be different? I reluctantly nodded. She made her way to me.

When she got within a foot of me I tensed up. She noticed and have me a reassuring smile.

"It's ok," she calmly said. "I'm just going to look at your ankel." She kneeled down and examined it. "I think its broken," she called to the boys.

"We need to get her to camp," Jason replied. "Before we attract any more monsters."

Piper must have seen my worried expression. "It'll be fine. Just come with us." I rapidly shook my head.

"I'm not going anywhere," I stammered.

"Y/n please," Piper begged. I could see the desperation in her eyes. She was scared of what might happen if I didn't go with them.

"Ok," I wispered. Maybe I could run away after gettimg some supplies.

Piper sighed. "Thank you. I promise you'll love it."

She slung her arm around me and helped me limp to this so called camp.

Heyy!!! So was this any better than the first update? Please let me know in the comments! Sorry about the battle scene. I've never really written one. Keep voting, commenting, and read on my friends!
~Tapper~