Leo's perspective

Leo's pov

Clang. Clang. Clang.

I ponded my hammer to the price of bronze, flattening it. Beads of sweat rolled down my face and I wipped them away with the sleeve of my shirt.

I didn't realize Jason was in the room until he smacked me upside the head.

"Ow!" I exclaimed and rubbed my head after putting the hammer down. "Oh hey Jason. When did you get in here?" I pushed my work goggles up onto my forehead.

"Like five minutes ago," he answered. "Dude I called your name like 5 times."

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "Haha. Sorry. I tend to space out when working."

"It's ok. What are you working on?" He questioned.

"Oh, nothing really. Just fixing the sword of some Ares camper."

"Ok," he said. "So are you coming to the campfire tonight? You haven't for the past few days."

"Oh," I said trying to think of an excuse not to. "Well I have this to do and lots of other projects to finish up. Plus a few upgrades for Festus." I shifted nervously.

"Oh okay," he sounded dissapointed. "Are you sure? You've been locked up in bunker 9 or your cabin for weeks now working yourself to death. Don't you want a break?"

I shook my head. When I wasn't working on a project or fixing Festus I would think about Calypso, and how she's gone. My friends knew that she left, and that I was still getting over it. But they didn't know it was this bad. I still hide behind my humor, some things never change.

"Nah I'm good," I told him. "The more I work the sooner I'll get some with these things. Then when I get them done I can come to the campfire."

"Ok. Percy will be dissapinted he's finaly managed to get his little sister to agree that she'll come to the campfire. It's only taken him two weeks."

I perked up. Y/n night come? I had only talked to her once. And not for long. But something about her just caught my attention. It was the first time I had really looked at a girl that way since Calypso.

"Well. . ." I said, "if I can finish this sword up in time I might be able to come." Jason face broke into a large grin.

"Great! I'll tell Percy." With that Jason left bunker 9. I sighed and put my work goggled back on. I began to hammer the meatle again.

Hey guys!!! I'm back!!! I know this update is short but I though you would want an update no matter if it was short or long. Thank you all for being so patient with me and understanding why I couldn't update. Thank you for all the reads. Thank you for voteing, and commenting. And thanks for all your support. It means so much to me. Let me know what you think I'm the comments. So keep voteing, commenting, and read on!!!
~Tapper~