I make a friend

"So I'm the daughter of some Greek god?" I asked the man in the wheelchair, I think he's named Chiron.

He nodded. "Yes."

"Ok," I replied with a shrug.

Piper looked at me bewildered. "Ok? You aren't going to freak out about this?"

"No," I answered. "I've been on the run from these monsters since I was twelve. They had to come from somewhere."

Piper looked at me like she knew I wasn't as calm as I appered. On the inside I was screaming. But I had learned to ignore the screaming in my head.

"So how about we get that ankle repaired?" Chiron suggested. "Will can you take care of this?" A boy with shaggy blond hair and blue eyes nodded.

He started to walk twords the bed on was sitting on and I scooted away from him. I still didn't want anyone touching me. I still was uneasy with Piper touching me.

"Its ok," Piper spoke gently. "He just wants to fix it." I nodded and the boy started looking at it.

I tended up as he grabbed some bandages and some sort of food and drink. I flinched when he started wrapping my ankle.

"Eat this," he commended. "You'll feel better." He handed me a square of some sort of food. I eyed it wearily. If there's one thing I learned from the streets: don't eat food a stranger gives you.

"Don't worry miss l/n," Chiron said. "Its called ambrosa, it will help heal your ankle." I nodded and took a cautious bite. It tasted just like the chocolate chip cookies my mom used to make.

I finished off the ambrosa and noticed the sharp pain in my ankle had been reduced to a dull throb.

The boy, Will, handed me a cup. "Drink," he ordered. I took the drink and sipped it. It tasted like f/d. It also helped ease the pain.

"Ok I'll keep you here over night so your ankle can rest. I'll bring you dinner and then Piper can show you around after breackfast tomorow," Will told me.

I nodded. "Thanks," I wispered. Will smiled at me.

"Its what I do." He and the Chiron guy left the room leaving me and Piper alone.

I honestly had mixed feelings about Piper. Something in her voice seemed to calm me but if she asked me to jump off a cliff, I might just do it. I wanted to be around her so if I started to panic she could sooth me. But she can also make me so something I don't want to witchmade me uneasy.

"If you want I can introduce you to my friends," her voice seemed normal, like she wasn't using whatever super power thing she had.

I shook my head. "No," I replied a little too fast.

"Not a people person?" I nodded.

"The only reason I talked to you was because something in your voice made me want to," I confessed.

"Sorry," sne apologised. "I'm a child of Aphrodite and have the power of charmspeak. Which means I can convince people to do whatever I want. But don't worry!" She added. "The only reason I used it on you was to get you to talk to us and get you to camp. I don't used it on a normal basis." I nodded. At least I didn't have to worry about her controlling me.

"So you said that you've been on the run since you were tweleve. How old are you now?" She asked. I let out my breath I didn't know I was holding, I thought she was going to ask why I ran.

"Fifteen," I replied.

"Why did you run?" Crap. I bit my lip. Sure Piper seemed like a trustworthy girl, but I didn't want her to know I was badly bullied at school and abused at home. And that was why I ran. It was just a little to personal to talk about and I didn't want to worrie her.

"Oh. . . well. . . I um uh," I stuttered.

"You don't have to tell me. I know we just met. I just wanted to know why a twelve year old would leave home."

"Its hard to talk about. Maybe some other time," I said. Piper nodded in understanding.

After a moments silence piper spoke up. "Do you need anything? Food, water? A nap?"

"All three would be great actually," I repiled. "I ran out of provisions about a week ago so I've been without food, clean water, and sleep for about a week." Piper nodded and left.

"Here," Piper said after she returned a few minutes later. She handed me a bottle of water, and a sandwich. "I hope you don't mind pb&j's."

"Not at all." I quickly ate the food and chugged my water. "Thank you."

"What are friends for?"

I leaned back in my bed and sighed. "Its been quite awhile, years in fact, since I've had a friend."

"Well," Piper replied, "I'm glad to be your first friend." A conch horn sounded. "That's the dinner bell. Will wants you to stay here so he'll probably bring you more food later. I have to go, but I'll show you camp tomorow. I promise."

"Ok, later Piper."

"See ya y/n," she said with a small wave. Once she was gone I lied back in the bed and stared at the celing.

Not long after that I fell asleep. And what's sleep without a nightmare.

Hey! So how's life? I hope you liked the update. Thanks for all the reads. I know its not that many but I didn't think anyone would read this. So thank you!!! Pleas me vote, comment, and read on!!!
~Tapper~