One-Shot #7-Mermaid!Reader [Pt. 1]

Requested by: @Artzy_the_Tsundere Hope you enjoy! ;)

Oh how I dream of the day I may be able to walk on land. To be able to run across the lush, wet grass barefoot. Feet. What are those? I wish I had them.

My father says land walkers, or humans, are cruel. They catch and eat our friends, the fish. Which is disappointing but I never really made friends with them so I guess I wouldn't fully understand.

Once again, I am by the rock that no human or mermaid [Or any sea life for that matter] dares to go to, for the waves are too choppy. I'm sitting on the rock gazing down at my tail and use as much of my imagination as I can muster to change it into legs. Unfortunately, imagination isn't good enough. I sigh out of frustration and sadness as I flop back into the water, once again, taking in all of the sea life around me.

I wish I could experience more than this. Experience what it's like to be human. But I guess I'm stuck like this... For now?

x-X-x

Once again, I'm swimming to that rock in hopes of getting some fresh air. I bop my head out of the water once I reach my destination and see someone on my rock.

My rock!

I see the back of a land walker, a coconut shaped head caused from the blonde locks. The land walker sits with it's legs crossed underneath it as one of the arms continuously moves around, as if they're writing? Drawing? I'm not sure. I'm not as surprised that the human made it here, the water's aren't choppy at all, which is why it catches the land walkers attention as I fall into the water. I attempted to lift my body up a bit more in hopes of getting a better view but to no avail. As I flop back under the deep blue sea, the human whips it's head around and begins to crawl over the the side of the rock.

I appear on the other side and watch the human search the water for any sign of life, once again, with the back facing me. I then notice a book laying wide open with other utensils next to it. I pick up the book and examine the page. I turn over the page again and again until I've gone through all of the pages. They're full of beautiful artworks. This human has talent.

That's when I remember that there was a human here and I look up only to be met by large blue eyes already staring into mine. The human's dreamy eyes sit behind a pair of large glasses. The almost feminine human boy looks rather cute.

"H-hu-?" His breath hitches as he stares at my tail endlessly flapping in the water. My (e/y) eye's widen and get the sudden urge to dive back down but I must place the boy's book back down. As I do, a pale hand grips my wrist, enabling me to move. I look up at the boy who still hasn't averted his gaze to my tail and I suddenly feel self conscious.

"P-please. You're making me uncomfortable. Stop looking." I whine and look down. The boy's grip on my wrist loosens a bit as he stares at me, not believing it's real.

"C-can I touch it?" He blurts out. I stare wide eyed at the adorable human being in front of me. "I-I'm s-sorry. I-I didn't mean to-" He gets cut off when I wriggle my hand free and dive into the water.

As I glance back up, I see the reflection of the boy disappearing and moving away from the edge of the rock. I suddenly feel bad for him and swim around the other side of the rock and hop up out of the water. When the boy turns around, I'm already hauling myself onto the rock. I watch as the tip of my tail reflects under the water. I then notice presence next to me and turn to see the blue eye'd boy looking into my eyes for once and not at my tail.
He takes in my facial features then smiles warmly at me. He searches around for my hand and grabs it with both of his and scoots closer to me.

"I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable. I didn't mean to." Even though he's apologising, he still has a large grin spread across his cute features. I tilt my head to the side and give him a questioning look. "I knew you guys existed." He whispered. At this, I smile kindly back at him. "What's your name? I'm Armin. Armin Arlert." I smile before replying.

"(Y/f/n)"

"(Y/n)" He repeats your first name slowly. "What a gorgeous name for a gorgeous mermaid." My smile falters when I remember that I am not human like him. He frowns. "What's wrong." I sigh and look down.

"I want to be human." I mutter. "I want to have legs. Feet. I want to be like you land walkers." I look down at my large fin which soon a soft pale hand is placed upon it. My eyes widen but once he starts rubbing slowly up and down my scales, I seem to be comforted by his soft touch. "You're really good at art." I suddenly blurt out. Armin awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

"O-oh umm. Thanks." He mutters. "Hey, umm, (y/n). How often do you come here?"

DON'T WORRY, THERE'S MORE!