One-Shot #11-Neko!Reader x Armin

[Armin's PoV]

"Hand to hand combat!" Captain Levi blurts out. I can see Eren smirk from next to me and glare at Jean. "I'll be paring you up, today!" Captain finishes.
I few groans were heard around but one glare from Captain Levi is enough to shut up a lion.
"Eren and Marco!" Eren glares at Levi. "Mikasa and Jean."
Captain calls out more names and then says; "Armin and (Y/n)." I smile, she's not that bad. She's pretty cool, actually. I look around for a familiar pair of (E/c) eyes, but can't seem to find them.

"Arlert, you have a problem?" Captain Levi storms up to me with a scowl on his face, that's when I notice everyone has already gone off and started sparring. I salute to Levi.

"Sorry, captain! And, yes, I do." He gives me a puzzling look before waving me off to stop saluting, which I do. "I-I can't find (Y/n) anywhere." Levi looks around as well and when he doesn't spot her, he turns back to me.

"She better not still be in bed." He groans. "Go check!" He yells, I jump and salute again.

"Yes, sir!" He waves me off and I go running inside and past rooms. I find it awkward how I have to go into the girls area, but there's no one around. I then notice food rappers around a door and instantly know that (Y/n) is in here because she shares a room with Sasha and she's constantly eating food.

I lightly knock on the door while calling (Y/n)'s name. "(Y/n), you in there?" I don't get a reply but I knock again. "(Y/n)? I'm opening the door." I slowly inch the door open and notice a lump under some quilts. "(Y/n), I know you're there. I can clearly see the lump under the covers." I fold my arms over my chest.

"Armin," He angelic voice squeaks. "Is it just you?" She asks.

"U-umm... Yeah?" I reply, confused as to why she was asking. "What's up?" I walk over and sit on the bed next to the lump.

"Well, Hanji was doing experiments on me," Her voice is muffled by the blankets but I can still hear her.

"Yeah?"

"And I think something went wrong with one of the experiments..."

"Let me see." I say, pulling the blanket off her face. That's when I notice the cutest thing I've ever seen. (Y/n), with (H/c) cat ears. She looked so adorable! "Omg, (Y/n), you're so cute!" I blurt out, not really thinking before I said it.
She instantly looks away burying her face back under the blankets. "Oh, c'mon, (Y/n)!" I stand up and completely pull the blankets off her, revealing a curled up (Y/n) with cat ears and a matching tail. She was wearing mini (F/c) shorts and a crop top. I had to admit, she's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Stop staring, you pervert!" She jokes. I smile and hold out my hand, which she grabs and stands up. "And don't call me cute, I hate compliments!"

"Have you seen yourself, (Y/n)?! You're freakn' adorable!"

"Well, duh, of course I've seen myself. How else would I know I'm half, bloody, cat!" She says sarcastically.

"Okay, umm, I'll tell Captain Levi you're sick." I say, beginning to walk off before she grabs my arm.

"Also, tell him you're gunna look after me." I give her puzzling look. "I don't wanna be alone, it's boring." She pouts. Okay, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen, whether she has cat ears or not.

I smile and nod my head while running our the door.

~Timeskip, brought to you by Levi's growing pills. [P.S. They clearly don't work...]~

"Okay, he's pissed off, but when is he not? But he let me stay with you for the day." I say while walking into (Y/n)'s room. I see her in the same clothes with her knees up to her chest and book clenched in her hands.

"Yay." She cheers tiredly. "Thank you Armin." She puts the book down and straightens out her legs, along with her arms as if asking for a hug. I walk over to her and gently wrap my arms around her neck while she wraps hers around my lower back and nuzzles her face into the crook of my neck.

"You hungry? I didn't see you at breakfast." I ask while pulling away. She slowly nods her head and slumps back in her bed. "Okay, wait here."  I say ready to leave the room until (Y/n) stops me.

"Wait, I'll come with. I'll eat there if no one's around." She says, standing up. "I need to get out of this cramped room anyway." I nod as she stands up and we both make our way to the mess hall.

We push open the door and (Y/n) and I instantly grab food. I was quite hungry, too. We both sit, eat and laugh and random jokes and I had to resist the urge to stroke (Y/n).

"Hey, do you act like a cat?" I blurt out. (Y/n) shrugs at my question...

before curling up into a ball and falling asleep.

I peer over the table and look at her sound asleep. I then walk over to her side and light stroke her head before picking her up bridal style and carrying her back to her room.

Once inside, I gently place her down on the bed and sit on Sasha's bed, opposite her and watch the adorable girl sleep. In the least creepy way possible.

"Armin..." She croaks out, eyes half open, I hum in response, leaning forwards towards her. "Am I only cute as a cat? I was hoping that someone found me remotely good-looking but is it only because I have cat ears?" I look at her quite shocked. "I mean, I find you quite cute. Also the experiment Hanji did on me are really messing with my brain so I'm blurting out a whole bunch of crap."

My heart starts pounding really fast as my eyes widen. But then I relax and clear my throat. "I've always found you cute, (Y/n). I'm just using the fact that you're half cat as an excuse to say it to you're face." She smiles and jumps off the bed and hugs me, causing us both to fall back onto Sasha's bed with her lying on top of me. I move into a more comfortable position with my head on the pillow and a fast asleep (Y/n) on my chest.