One-Shot #13-I'll Help

Thanks to @Always4HarryPotter for voting 11 on the quote; "I can help. Let me help." Hope you enjoy! ^-^

WARNING: This does contain self harm and depression.

[Armin's PoV]

Walking through the empty halls of this dreaded school, I didn't expect to hear or see anyone here. That was until I found a (H/c) haired girl curled up in a ball on the floor balling her eyes out.

My eyes widen and I run up to the girl, kneel down and place a hand on her shoulder, causing her to flinch.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask softly.

"Go away." She mumbles, not taking her head out from her knees.

"What's wrong?"

"I said go away!" She yells, finally lifting her head up. Her face is covered in tears, blood and bruises.

"Oh my lord, what happened?" I move closer to her.

"Just fuck off, all ready!" She screams, pushing me backwards and standing up.
I'm leaning back on my forearms and looking up at the girl. "You don't even know me, why do you care so much?!" At that, she storms off.

But that wasn't going to stop me.

I quickly stumble onto my feet and run after her. She storms into the girls bathroom and slams the door shut. I stand outside, dumbfounded.

I can't go in there. It's the girls bathroom. Last time I checked, I was a male.

A few seconds later, I realise that no one else is in the school at this time besides the janitor. I suck up my courage and walk in. I freeze at the sight.

The girl stares at me with fright and anger and I stare at the blood covered razors in her hands.

"GET OUT!" She screams. "LEAVE!" I get the urge to leave, but see the bruises all over her face and blood on her wrists, I can't just leave such a broken being alone. "FUCK OFF!" I shake my head and walk over to her. She takes a step back and drops the razors.

I stand in front of the broken girl and look into her (E/c) eyes.
"Leave me alone." She whispers.

"No." I whisper back.

"Why are you here?" She turns away from me to look at herself in the mirror.

"Can I help?"

"Why? You don't even know me."

"Well, I'm Armin. And you are...?"

She thinks for a while before sighing. "(Y/n)."

"Well, (Y/n), do you wanna talk?"

"No."

"I know you need to talk to someone. Let me be that someone."

"Why?"

"Why are you always asking why?"

"We barely know each other."

"Does that have to stop me from helping? I can help. Let me help."

(Y/n) doesn't talk for a while and she just stares blankly at me. Then before I know it, she burst out into a full fit of tears. My eyes widen and I instantly run over to hold her. I feel her shaking under my embrace and my shirt slowly become wetter from her tears. Her arms stay firmly hugged around her body along with mine.

Her hands wrap around to her back and I run my hands slowly down her back to grab her hands. I intwine our fingers and let her cry on my shoulder. "I've been waiting for someone to come and help for a really long time, you know." She looks up at me, her face stained with tears. "I'm just so used to pushing people away." She whispers.

"Talk to me, (Y/n)."

She sniffs and sobs a bit before pulling out of my grip and clutches her head. "I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" I get a little frightened at her sudden mood change, but then I realise that it's all part of... depression. You can't control your emotions. "I miss her." I hear her squeak. She pushes her back against a wall and then slides down to the floor and begins crying. Her legs spread out on the floor, her hands dropped to her lap and her head hanging low as tears make a trail down her face. "I miss her, Armin. A lot."

I slowly walk over to her and sit next to her, our shoulders touching. "Who?"

"Mama." She sniffs. "I miss mama!"

I can't help but find it cute how she calls her mum 'mama' but she's still in a lot of pain.

"I remember coming home and asking my daddy when mama was getting home. He'd always say tonight or tomorrow.

When she did come home, she'd instantly drop all her work stuff and hug me. When I was five she did this and when I was 13. When I turned 14 she became a little more stressed. At 15 she stopped hugging me completely.
A few months ago my father never replied to me when I asked when she was coming home. Later on he told me that she had died. And the worst part about it, it wasn't an accident. She pulled the trigger and she ended it all."

No tears were coming from her eyes anymore. Her pale face looked so lifeless and helpless. She looked like she was about to do the same as her mother. "Were you planning on paying her a visit?" I whisper.

She nods. "I like to tell myself that she didn't commit suicide, she was just an angel returning home."

I guide my arm around her shoulders and let her lean on my chest. I get my other hand and rub it up and down her thigh. "I wish I just had someone there for me." Her voice is barely above a whisper.

"Will you allow me to help?"

"Yes please."

"Then I'll help."

Okay I kind of like posting on this one but it still won't be as regular as it used to be. Sorry! But anyway, hope you liked this one! :)