One-Shot #8-Mermaid!Reader [Pt. 2]

For the past two months, I've been meeting this blue eyed boy everyday on the rock that seemed to be the only reason why I smiled. The blue eyed boy in skinny jeans, large glasses, cute beanies and striped shirts was the reason I found happiness.
I would constantly tell the blue eyed boy how I wished to be able to walk. I told him all my dreams of running through lush fields of grass and flowers. To be able to live like a normal human. Armin would just sit and listen to me constantly talking about my dreams and wouldn't question then at all. He encouraged me and kept telling me that there was a way.

Today I got here earlier than him so I just sat and stared hopelessly at my tail. It surprised me that even when the  waters were really choppy and it was chucking with rain, Armin still came to the rock. As I saw him walking up, I noticed that he didn't have his sketch book or pencils this time. He wore his usual striped shirt and a pair of shorts instead of jeans for once. He didn't have a beanie either.
Once he neared me, I opened my arms for him. He crouched down next to me and carefully wrapped his arms around my bare back while nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck. I've always loved the hugs from Armin, they just seemed to make me happy.

"Come on." He says, once he pulls away. I give him a confused look, especially when he slips off his shoes, takes off his glasses and rips off his shirt. I stare at him and raise an eyebrow. Armin rolls his eyes and makes his way over over to me and jumps into the water. His head bobbing up to the surface as he treads the water. I still stare at him confused. "Don't tell me you can't swim." He jokes. I chuckle and maneuver myself into the water.
Armin smiles and dives under the water with me following close behind. His eyes squint under the water since he can't see properly, his cheeks full of air. I watch as the little boy swims further down and my eyes widen.

What if he can't get back up in time? He can't breathe under water! I zoom right up to him and look at him with worrying eyes. He doesn't do anything as he starts to swim up to the top. He can't breathe properly, I need to help. I swim up to him and tightly wrap my arms around his breathless figure. I use all my strength to push myself right to the top. Armin takes in a large breath of air and I watch for a few seconds as he tries to catch his breath.
Once he does, he starts laughing.

"That was beautiful." He says in awe.

"How can you tell? You can barely see anything under the water. It's pretty uninteresting unless you swim to the right place where all sea life lives." I state. He lays down on the water and floats on his back.

"I wasn't talking about the water." He smiles up at me. I could feel heat rise to my cheeks at Armin's compliment. He then looks back up at the sky as I cross my arms on his bare chest with head resting on them and stare at he beautiful blue eyed boy and watch as the sun reflects into his large ocean eyes. he then takes in a deep breath before saying, "I want to help you get your legs." He blurts out. My eyes widen at his statement.

"W-what?" He smiles at me.

"And I think I know how." He looks down at me with my widened eyes. Once his words set in, a large grin spreads across my face and I wrap my arms around his stomach and bury my face in his chest.

"You think you know how?" I inquire.

"I hope." He chuckles. I laugh along with him.

We make around way back to the rock and before he can jump on, I engulf him in another hug. He rest his left arm on the rock to steady himself and uses his other arm to wrap around me. I squeeze as tight as I can while hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"Thank you so much." I whisper. Armin doesn't say anything but I can tell he's smiling as he squeezes tighter.

"Don't thank me yet, (y/n), I'm not sure it'll even work." He admits. Honestly, I don't care if this works or not, I'm just more than happy that Armin cared about my dreams and tried his hardest to find a way to help. For all I know, he's been looking at ways for this to work ever since we met.

I smile and place a light kiss on his neck and his breath hitches, causing me to smile. I pull away and cup his face in my hands.

"Still, thank you for trying." He smiles at my words before pecking my cheek. He doesn't move from the position, apart from his hand which is now lightly placed on my hip and my hands are now around his neck.

We stay in that position for a while before I notice Armin move his head in slightly and I do the same. And before I know it, the beautiful blue eyed boy has lightly placed his soft lips on mine. At first it was just a peck, but he then tilts his head to the side so his lips fit perfectly on mine.
They move slowly and carefully. He tastes sweet in a way.

We break apart for air and the boy has a look of excitement in his eyes. I bite my lip and look down.

"Why don't we start getting your legs?" He whispers. I eagerly nod. "But it means you have to be out of the water for a few days." I contemplate this idea for a bit but remember how much I really want this.

"Okay." I breathe out. "As long as you promise to visit every one of those days."

"As you wish."

Welp, looks like I need to make a Pt. 3... Sorry, I couldn't fit everything in. I have so many idea. The next one might be a bit short, though.