Arrival of Dolls

You felt something soft covering your skin while your head lay on something comfortable as well. Flickering your (e/c) eyes open, you found yourself in a king sized bed. The bed had four silver posts while greyish-teal sheets lay over it. A torn red velvet canopy hung loosely at the top of the bed while part of it was draped over you. Moreover, you couldn't find your boots anywhere, but decided that was the least of your worries. Propping yourself up against the back of the bed, you examined the room.

It looked like it had been abandoned for some time, since multiple pieces of furniture were broken and picture frames contained no pictures. Moonlight came in through paned windows behind you, which were covered with a white chiffon fabric. Furthermore, light came through small windows that were in the dome shaped ceiling. A single candelabrum illuminated the room further; its light highlighting several spider webs in the room. Red velvet curtains hung throughout the room, as red rose petals were scattered across the room. There were even picture frames with red roses in them. At the far end of the room was a shattered mirror that seemed to glow with an otherworldly light.

No doubt the mirror intrigued you, but at the moment you tried to recall how you got in this room. You remember a hand covering your mouth while a man whispered into your ear. However, you instantly became worried for your friends. The last time you had seen them, they were on the floor unconscious. Not a moment later, you pulled the covers off of you and got out of the bed. However, upon standing, you felt dizzy and collapsed to the floor. Holding your right hand to your head, you closed your eyes, waiting for the room to stop spinning. When everything stopped spinning, you noticed a sealed letter that was on the wooden square table next to the candelabrum. Maybe that would give you some insight on your friends' location and safety.

Getting back on your feet, you went over to the letter and picked it up in your hands. Breaking the wax seal, you removed the piece of parchment from the envelope. Your (e/c) eyes scanned over it, reading every detail of the letter.

To my dearest pet,

I'm sorry for the written greeting, but I had some business to attend to. Furthermore, I apologize about the condition of your room. I planned to restore it to its original glory before you awoke, but alas I had to attend to some matters. When I return, I shall have one of my servants guide you to the dining hall where we discuss any questions you have. Though, I guess that you're concerned about those who accompanied you here. They are perfectly safe and have had all their memories of this place erased. I returned them back to the school building on the edge of the forest. Thus you should no longer concern yourself with them. Until I return a servant shall ensure that you're more presentable.

Apparently, your friends were okay, but could you really trust this letter? It was written by your captor, who had knocked you out and played with your friends like they were dolls. Moreover, you were quite offended by this person calling you their pet. You knew that coming inside the mansion was a bad idea. Sighing, you remembered the words that the man had said to you before you became unconscious. It sounded like he had already known who you were. Confused by this possibility, you set the letter back down on the table.

A hand tapped on your left shoulder, making you jump up into the air. Slowly you turned around to see a girl a little bit shorter than you. She had short brown hair and lifeless grey eyes. Covering her was a simple maid's dress. Her eyes stared at you, as she brought her left arm and hand back to her side.

"Are you one of the servants this letter mentioned?" you questioned.

She nodded her head in a strange way, as her lifeless eyes continued to stare at you. Bringing her left arm back up, she grabbed your wrist and started to walk towards a grey-blue door in the room. Upon her hand making contact with you, you realized that her hand and arm were made out of plastic. In fact her whole body was plastic; she was a life size doll. You tried to pry your wrist out of her grip, but before you could act any further, she shoved you into a bathroom and locked the door. For a moment you just stood on the grey tiled floor. A warm shower did sound nice, but you didn't exactly want to take a shower in some stranger's house. Thus you grabbed the metal door knob and tried to force the door open.

"It won't open. You must clean yourself up before my master's arrival. If you refuse this, I will have no choice but to aid you in your cleaning," came a robotic voice from the other side of the door.

The last thing you wanted was to have someone help you with taking a shower. Deciding it was best to just comply with the doll; you took off your clothes and stepped into the shower. Once finished, you changed back into your clothes and continued with your usual bathroom routine. While you were in the middle of putting your hair up into a ponytail, the doll walked into the room and began to pull you out of the bathroom. The hair tie fell out of your hands, as your hair was left down. You almost tripped in the process before telling her that you could walk without her hand wrapped around your wrist. She seemed to consider this before releasing her grip on you. Thankful to have your wrist free, you watched as she waited for you by another door in the room.

However, you took this opportunity to find an escape. You darted for the large red curtain that seemed to be hiding something. Quickly, you pulled it back, unveiling a grey-blue door behind it. Reaching for the metal door knob, you felt something hit you in the side hard. You were knocked down onto the floor, as you grabbed your side in pain. Looking up, you saw the doll staring at you

"Don't try to escape. I must follow my master's orders and make sure you're ready before he arrives."

With no warning, the doll grabbed both of your ankles and dragged you across the room. You struggled, but she had an iron grip on you. Your side still ached when the doll reached the door that she was originally waiting at. She stared at you, trying to see if you would attempt another escape. When you gave her a defeated look, she let go of your ankles and opened the door, revealing a closet filled with clothes, shoes, etc. Picking yourself up, you watched as the doll turned on the black and gold chandelier in the closet. Before you could run for the door again, the doll threw you into the space and locked you in once again.

Annoyed with the doll, you looked at the articles of clothing in the closet. To your frustration they were all dresses. Knowing that the doll could very well force you into a dress if you took too long, you examined each one. A simple dark blue dress grabbed your attention and so you pulled it off the hanger. Getting out of your old clothes, you also changed your undergarments and once they were on, you pulled the dress on over your head. The dress fell just above your knees while its long lace sleeves flowed around your wrists. Putting on grey flats, which were adorned with blue gemstones, you knocked on the door. Not a second later the doll reopened the door and allowed you to walk out of the closet.

When you exited the closet, the grey-blue door, which you had tried to escape through, creaked open. Another doll walked into the room. This one had the same maid attire, but had long blue hair tied up in pigtails and lifeless brown eyes. The two dolls stared at each other and seemed to exchange some sort of message.

Soon you found yourself being led out of the room by the blue-haired doll while the brown haired one walked off in another direction. Walking down a twisting stairwell, you assumed that the doll was leading you to the dining room. This meant that the supposed owner of this mansion had returned. You were conflicted between two choices. Should you attempt to escape, or stay and find out who the mysterious man was? However, this might be the last time you had the chance to escape this mansion. Furthermore, you had a feeling that once you walked into the dining room there would be no going back. This man obviously wanted you for something, since he didn't erase your memories and send you back to the school building with your friends. Though, you wondered at how far he would go to make sure you remained in the mansion. Would he go after your friends if you tried to escape?

Your thoughts were soon interrupted by another door opening. You were now in a long hallway that led out to the foyer. This was your only chance at escape, but you kept worrying about the consequences. As the doll led you into the foyer, you eyed the entrance doors. Taking a deep breath, you decided to go for it. The entrance doors were coming closer and you could taste freedom on the tip of your tongue. Reaching out to grab the door handles, you ran into something. Glancing upwards, your (e/c) eyes met with purple ones.

"My pet, please tell me that you weren't trying to escape."

Words couldn't seem to leave your mouth and you only stuttered, looking away from his gaze. However, his fingers turned your chin, making you look at him. You felt a shiver travel up your spine at his touch. His haunting purple eyes seemed to examine you and you found a faint blush on your cheeks. For some reason you felt very small under his gaze like he could kill you with the snap of his fingers. He took notice of the fear in your eyes and a smile graced his lips.

"Hmm, well I suppose it's fine if you try to escape. Though, it would be very tragic if your friends met with an unfortunate accident."

This caused you to widen your eyes, as you became filled with worry. The man only smiled at your reaction before retracting his hand from your face.

"Now shall we proceed to the dining room," he asked, holding his arm out for you to take.

You only stared at his arm like it was some foreign object. So he would kill your friends if you tried to get out of the mansion. The last thing you wanted to be was the cause of your friends' deaths. Though, would they try to find you? Their memories of the mansion had supposedly been erased by the man that only stood a few inches from you, so would they forget that you were trapped here? What about your family, surely they would notice your absence. However, if anyone tried to help you escape the mansion, the man would probably kill them. He seemed to have no remorse for killing another.

As you stood in a daze, the man observed you. He could tell that you were finally coming to the realization that you couldn't escape without someone dying. His smile widened a bit while he combed his fingers through his long raven black hair. After adjusting his black coat a little, which rested loosely over his shoulders, he grabbed your left arm and intertwined it with his right arm.

The action pulled you out of thoughts, as you found the man guiding you to a grey door in the foyer. While he was guiding you, he told the blue-haired doll that she could leave. As she left, you tried to pull your arm away from the man. He ignored your behavior for a bit before you heard a sigh escape his lips. With no warning, he picked you up bridal style. You tried to push yourself out of his arms while he only glanced down at you.

"My pet, it would be best if you stopped struggling. It will make things easier for you. Do you find my touch so repulsive that you need to fight against me?"

"Do you not see the issue here? First you played with my friends like they were dolls and now you threaten them. Oh, did I forget to mention that you're holding me captive. Of course, I'm going to fight against you."

"Ah, so that's your reason. It's good to know that you don't find me repulsive. Do you find me attractive my pet."

"What ... why would you ... ask that?" you stuttered, shocked at his question.

That was the last question you were expecting. However, you couldn't deny that he was attractive. As a blush found its way onto your cheeks, the man took your silence to mean yes.

"Now, I'll make a bargain with you. I'll let you down if you agree to struggle no further."

"Fine," you stated.

He smiled before setting you down on the tiled floor.

"Ah, I have been quite rude."

To say you were surprised by his statement would be an understatement. Did he just openly admit to you that his treatment towards you was uncalled for? Sure you had trespassed into his home, but messing with your friends and keeping you captive was defiantly taking things too far. He lifted your right hand up to his lips before kissing the top of it.

"My apologies for not introducing myself earlier. My pet, you may call me Lucian. However, when I have company over, please address me as Lord Lucian."

'So that's what he was apologizing for' you thought. When he released your hand, you looked up into his purple eyes.

"Well then Lucian, I have a question. Why do you keep addressing me as your 'pet'? If I have to call you 'lord' at times, you could at least stop using such a humiliating name for me."

"I will do no such thing. I'm addressing you in such a manner because I own you. However, I might just use your actual name if you earn it. Of course with your current behavior that won't be happening anytime soon. Now we should eat before the food gets cold."

"Wait, what do you mean you own me?"

"Come to dinner and you'll find out," he stated, walking over to the grey door.

Frustrated and confused, you followed Lucian into the dining hall.