Two on Two

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

While the fight between the cousins carried on, Lucian noticed that they were slowing going farther and farther from the barrier. He wanted to get back there, but every time he tried, Rezin pushed him back more. There was no doubt that this was intentional on Rezin's part and Lucian worried about your safety. Either Rezin placed a spell trap for you, or someone else was waiting for when you would exit the barrier. Both options were dreadful to think about, but at this rate he might not get back there in time. In frustration, he released twenty ice spears at once in Rezin's direction, who summoned a rock shield to deflect. Each of their attacks was getting them nowhere and both were getting exhausted. With another attempt, Lucian ran forward, as Rezin threw lightning from his hands. Managing to dodge-roll the first few strikes and then blocking the next ones with an air shield, Lucian almost made it past Rezin until he felt a blast of air throw him to the side. Grunting in slight pain from impacting a tree, Lucian quickly pulled himself up and glared at his cousin.

"Why so eager to get away from me, do you miss the hybrid so much that you're willing to forgo an opportunity to kill me?"

"Tch, why would I want to stay around here with you? You reek of a sewer animal, which only comes out when being offered food by a superior."

Rezin's right eyebrow twitched slightly, but he remained grinning.

"Tell me how such a pathetic being as yourself managed to follow us here."

"Such cruel words cousin, but I guess that I can oblige you since it would seem that we're taking a break in our fighting."

Keeping his smirk to himself, Lucian merely nodded in response, but he was taking no break. He simply wanted information as well as a distraction while he planned his next move. Rezin's arrogant grin would soon be his downfall. "I arrived only a few moments after the two of you arrived."

"How exactly did you know that we would be coming today?"

"My dear cousin, it would seem that you overlooked a small detail on your hybrid. At the back of her neck I placed a tracker on her, since I couldn't enter her dreams or kidnap her from your mansion; it was one of my few options left. Sadly, the tracker is only a one-time use, so it's not there anymore. It's a pity that I can't develop a more advanced tracker, but then again I've never been good at making trackers since my skill lies in invading someone's dream.

"However, I'm starting to go on a tangent. Thus once I came here, I decided to take a short cut and go right up the stairs. I mean why on earth would I travel through those silly puzzles?"

"Going up the stairs is impossible; they're filled with traps."

"That's why I brought others with me. I wouldn't think that all twenty of the individuals that I brought would die, what a pity."

"How did you convince that many to come with you here?"

"Quite simple, have you forgotten that I can enter dreams? They were my puppets and willingly sacrificed themselves for me. I daresay though that the mess they left was quite disgusting. They almost splattered blood across my new coat," he said, shaking his head in a disapproving manner.