When among Hundreds of Eyes

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

  "I will not be pulled into your little show Lucian. This performance of yours has lasted long enough and I believe the other council members have tired of it as well," Regulus half-shouted, as flames seemed to dance in his eyes.

"Hmm, as you wish, though I don't need your cooperation in this matter. Rezin, would you mind walking up next to me, so you can show the crowd the mark on your torso?"

Displeased by his cousin's request, Rezin came forward and moved some of the fabric away from his healed wound. Glancing around Lucian, you did indeed see a mark on him. It resembled a tattoo in the design of an eye. You were shocked to say the least when you heard Lucian make this claim and were now even more surprised to see a symbol. Of course you didn't doubt Lucian's words, but it was bewildering to learn that all this time Rezin was just being mind controlled, but that was only regarding the killings not the mask. He obviously still despised his cousin for taking the mask before him and the hatred in his pale green eyes was still evident.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard gasps across the crowd before whispers ensued. Rezin pushed the fabric back over his skin. You heard him muttering to himself, as though he was recounting all the lives he took. His purpose for killing his family members had vanished, leaving him in what seemed like an unstable state. He still held an outward expression of sanity, but you could slowly see that slipping, as he turned his growing heated gaze towards Regulus before leaning against the wall and covering his face with his hands. Before Lucian could continue, Regulus angrily turned towards the crowd of people and pointed at you with his left index finger.

In a last attempt to save himself from the condemning evidence, he shouted over the crowd, "Do you all really want a ruler who you know nothing about? Do you really desire a hybrid as your ruler? That's right, before you stands a half-sorceress, an oddity among our kind. Should we really allow such a being to rule over us, to rule over full-fledged mages?"

All eyes turned on you, seeming to examine you. Suddenly, you were thankful for the mask, despite the fact that it didn't hide your facial expression. With the all attention on you, you could feel your nerves acting up, as you clinched the fabric of your dress. There was no way to escape their gaze and Regulus knew that. You didn't even have to look at him to know that he was smirking. The crowd below started mumbling among themselves, but you could hear some of the questions sweeping across the people. He's right, why should we let a half-breed command us? She doesn't knowing anything about our way of life, why should we let her rule? None of the questions seemed to stop; it was as if they had forgotten that Lucian would be ruling beside you. Hearing enough whispers, you found your voice and called out.

"Listen!" you shouted a little too loudly for your taste and you got quiet when the voices died down to silence.

You had their undying attention and now you could feel your nerves grow, as you grabbed hold of the railing before continuing.

"Please ... I know that I am a stranger to you all, but I have explored some of the most forgotten places of your world. I have seen creatures that I never dreamed of viewing. Even after exploring these areas, I still know little of this world, but I am certain of one thing. On my right stands a man, who has utilized his power for corrupt purposes. He has destroyed nearly all members of the Veneice family, he has commanded that monsters be sent into your homes and murder those who defy him. Moreover, he has just been proven to have performed a forbidden spell.